Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

301 Programming Blocked out

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   LASooner

LASooner

Legend

• Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:15 PM

I don't typically watch much on my 301 since it's in the garage for when working out there, but yesterday I tried watching it, and all the channels were RED, I only had access to the Dish Free channels, but I still have the 301 on my account. Is this related to the card swap thing? I tried getting through to tech support last night, but after a 45 min wait, I gave up.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 03:51 PM

Does it have an old Blue Card?
Is it plugged into a live receptacle all of the time?
Check to see if system info comes up okay after it completes its check.
Check software version verses the latest.
http://www.dishnetwo...sions/index.asp

#3 OFFLINE   LASooner

LASooner

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:02 PM

It has the Yellow card, It hasn't been hooked up consistantly the last month because I've been moving junk around, but I let the box take the update yesterday and it updated to P2.05, which is listed under the current versions. What is the deal with P2.41 and P2.05? Are there differents sets of 301 hardware?

It's not hooked up to a phone line could that be the issue? I've never had that problem before though.

#4 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:09 PM

You may have to call and get a re-hit since it was not connected to the power all of the time. It may have unsubscribed itself do to lack of communication from the mother ship.

There are 2 versions of 301 hardware, thus the separate software numbers.

#5 OFFLINE   LASooner

LASooner

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 05:15 PM

Thanks man, I was hoping to avoid calling the Dish Network Message tree of death, I guess not.

#6 OFFLINE   alebowgm

alebowgm

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 07:30 PM

Ya, the yellow cards disconnect themselves from, as John said, the mothership, after 14 days I believe. So unless you want to make a new friend at Dish that you will be constantly talking to, try to keep your reciever connected at all times...

#7 OFFLINE   LASooner

LASooner

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 100 posts

Posted 04 April 2005 - 08:26 PM

I notice they don't disconnect the $4.99 they charge me to have this additional reciever though. :rolleyes:

#8 OFFLINE   derwin0

derwin0

Icon

• Registered
  • 538 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 06:49 AM

I notice they don't disconnect the $4.99 they charge me to have this additional reciever though. :rolleyes:

That's because they have no way to tell that it has lost it's re-hit.

#9 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 05:25 PM

Thats just like someone that disconnects a receiver and does not call Dish Network to deactivate it.

#10 OFFLINE   kb7oeb

kb7oeb

Icon

• Registered
  • 631 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 07:55 PM

Will it reactivate if you leave it hooked up for a couple days or do you always have to call in?

#11 OFFLINE   homeskillet

homeskillet

Icon

• Registered
  • 506 posts

Posted 05 April 2005 - 08:27 PM

This happened to my reciever as it sat in a closet for awhile (I have blue card) and I just did a front panel reset and also a wall-plug reset and it all came back.

#12 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 06 April 2005 - 09:03 PM

You have to call them back when it comes to the yellow carded receivers (or the ones without a card at all that has the smart card chip embedded).

Protected By... spam firewall...And...