Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Install problems

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Vodad

Vodad

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:44 AM

I had a Super Dish installed the end of February, I lost all my local channels. Called them on Friday to see what was going on. I lost the signal to one of the Sats and the other signals where really low. I was going to go out and re-point the dish, but they said they would send someone out to take care of it. The guy shows up yesterday. (oh did I mention no locals all weekend, missed the Nascar race, not happy at all, buying an OTA Ant this week to take care of that one.) so they guy gets there and has to call his boss, neither of them could get a signal, seems that when the trees started to bloom they where blocking the sat.

Needless to say I live in a fairly tall house the roof is about 30 feet off the ground so the first guy installed the dish on the front porch roof. They had to wait til today to bring a bigger ladder and move the dish to the roof of the house. boy am a glad they came back out to do, I would not have wanted to get up on that roof :)

But I guess, I am back in business, I will check the signal when I get home, but the wife says we have all the channels back.

So far this is my first problem with dish.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dish Dude

Dish Dude

AllStar

• Registered
  • 57 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 11:55 AM

Local retailer or sub? Or did they work directly for E*? Unfortunately there are less experienced people out there putting them up and they just did it the easiest to make a quick buck

#3 OFFLINE   new04quest

new04quest

Legend

• Registered
  • 108 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 12:24 PM

I lost all the signal one time. It turn out they deactivated my receivers. It took the second customer service during the second phone call to recognized that they deactivate my receivers by accident. The first guy only verified my account. My account is activate but my receivers were deactivated.

Make sure they turn on your receiver at their end...!

#4 OFFLINE   Vodad

Vodad

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 01:46 PM

I ordered direct from E* so it was a Sub, They sent someone different out this time. and they moved it.

Now I am looking for a good OTA ant. I have a rooftop VHF/UHF ant that I can take off of my parents house but I need something for HDTV. is there much of a difference in the the normal ant and the HDTV ones?

#5 OFFLINE   Tom in TX

Tom in TX

Icon

• Registered
  • 714 posts

Posted 12 April 2005 - 02:18 PM

I ordered direct from E* so it was a Sub, They sent someone different out this time. and they moved it.

Now I am looking for a good OTA ant. I have a rooftop VHF/UHF ant that I can take off of my parents house but I need something for HDTV. is there much of a difference in the the normal ant and the HDTV ones?

Absolutely none! It should work fine for you.
Tom in TX

spam firewall