Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Total Living Network on Sky Angel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Wayne

Wayne

AllStar

• Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:55 AM

According the the scroll I saw last night on channel 9714, the Total Living Network is scheduled to be available to subscribers sometime today (April 20, 2005).

We still haven't heard any information on what the new channel on 9718 (formerly The Inspirational Network) will be. I'm still hoping for a channel with a mix of teaching programs and classic TV shows. As mentioned on other threads, we really don't need any more of your typical TV preachers.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 20 April 2005 - 06:18 PM

So far, TLN looks great! They have indeed created a separate feed just for Sky Angel - they're not just simulcasting a local station and passing it off as national. :)

The website for the new "TLN Satellite" network is at http://www.tlnsatellite.com/ - and includes a program schedule a bit more detailed than what is provided in the SkyAngel Online Guide.

They do have some Classic TV on TLN, but (surprisingly) it seems to only be scheduled for two hours Saturday morning and an hour on Sunday afternoon. I think it would be a better choice to strip some Classic TV shows Monday - Friday in the mornings rather than provide even more reruns of the same preachers & teachers that are probably on Sky Angel 15 - 20 times a day anyway. But it's a good start - if nothing else, interested viewers can tape or DVR the Classic TV shows when they're on.

#3 OFFLINE   Wayne

Wayne

AllStar

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 90 posts

Posted 21 April 2005 - 07:17 AM

Thanks for the link to their website. I noticed that Little House on the Prairie is not going to be on the national feed like it is on the local feeds. I guess this is one program where syndication rights prevented them from airing it nationally or maybe the costs would have been more.

#4 OFFLINE   hankh

hankh

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 25 April 2005 - 12:05 PM

This was kind of a disappointment to me. I was hoping to see their Chicago channel which has some interesting syndicated programming on it, rather than a "national" feed with the typical feeds, re-feeds, and triple feeds. Fortunately, my wife likes "Aspiring Women", I fell asleep by the third feed!

#5 OFFLINE   Michael P

Michael P

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,941 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 02:55 PM

We still haven't heard any information on what the new channel on 9718 (formerly The Inspirational Network) will be.

Fox News Channel! It's on the air now, even though the EPG still says "New Channel Comming soon".

Doesn't this go against the "agreement" SA made with Dish (the same agreement that removed Daystar, Famlynet and "EE" from nationally available E* packs)?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...