Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

DIRECTV Contracts...

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2002 - 08:52 AM

Does anybody know if there are any long term commitments for signing up for DIRECTV? (3, 6, 12 months...) or could I cancel anytime I wanted to?

Thanks!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2002 - 09:17 AM

There isn't any contracts unless you sign up for a special package. Ex: Blockbuster Package: with 3 months of Free HBO and Cinemax and free movie rentals at Blockbuster.

If you go out and buy a Directv System from an online Directv dealer or a local dealer, you will not have to purchase a contract for a specific time period. I did the latter and purchased my system from an online dealer, and I can cancel Directv at any time.

Dish Network has you sign up for 12 months no matter if you have a special package or not.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 01 March 2002 - 02:47 PM

If you buy discounted receiver for free or for small amount, it is likely that this is conditioned by getting basic package for at least 1 yr. If you buy receiver for full price there shouldn't be any commitment.

spam firewall