Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

522 Connection ?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   ND_Sean

ND_Sean

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 06:53 AM

I currently have a Dish 500 connected to a 508 and 510 Receiver. I would like to upgrade the 510 to the 522 or 721 in order to get two tuners. My problem is I only have one wire feed from the wall to the receiver. I understand you need two wires from the wall in order to take advantage of the two tuner feature of the 522/721. Could someone tell me how and if it is possible to split the wire from the wall to the 522/721?

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   JonBlack

JonBlack

Legend

• Registered
  • 190 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:24 AM

Yes, it is possible. In order to split the wire from the wall to use in a 2-tuner receiver you need a DPP Seperator. In order to use the DPP Seperator you need all components (receivers and switch) to be Dish Pro Plus compliant.

#3 OFFLINE   KingLoop

KingLoop

Custom User Title

• Gold Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 07:41 AM

In order to split the wire from the wall to use in a 2-tuner receiver you need a DPP Seperator...

Also you will need either a DP+ Twin or a DP Twin with a DP+44. The DP+ and a separator essentially make your 1 line 2, for the sake of running to a DP+ compatable Dual tuner receiver. However the 721 will not work with a DP+ LNBF. For 2 receivers though just get a DP+ Twin and a 522... You do spend $5 more a month but you save on the switch.
KL

#4 OFFLINE   sunspot

sunspot

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 18 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 01:35 PM

Is the DP+ something new? I am currantly using a 721 with DP to one receiver. I can't remember if it is a twin or dual LNB. Both lines go to my 721.

#5 OFFLINE   Mike500

Mike500

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 30 April 2005 - 04:51 PM

Yes, the DP+ is new. The twin has a built in switch for a DishPro lnb for a wing satellite. The DP+44 allows for four satellite positions. The DP separator allows one line to be bifurcated to go into receivers that need two satellite feeds.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...