Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Moral Dilemma for a Cheesehead

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 27 April 2005 - 08:49 AM

"Wisconsin Judge Gives Woman Convicted of Theft a Choice: Go to Jail or Give Up Packers Tickets"

Full Story

If she gives up her tickets I suspect she will be considered weak by fellow GB fans. If she doesn't, she'll be demonized by lots of other Americans for not donating them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I heard these tickets are sold out for years in advance.

What would you do???
Laverne

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:27 AM

I wouldn't want to go to jail at all. I'd give up my tickets. It's only 3 games. better than sitting 3 months in jail.

#3 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 09:51 AM

I wouldn't want to go to jail at all. I'd give up my tickets. It's only 3 games. better than sitting 3 months in jail.

I think I'd give them up too. At least you'd know they were going to a good cause.

(Nice avatar, BTW. ;) )
Laverne

#4 OFFLINE   hdtvfan0001

hdtvfan0001

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 31,615 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 01:59 PM

Give up those precious season tickets???
NO WAY!

The jail term is a fraction of the 23-year wait to get back on the top of the season ticket waitlist!

#5 OFFLINE   Redster

Redster

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 02:04 PM

She got the tickets by theft,, they should cancel them and reissue to the next person in line.

#6 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 03:36 PM

Give up those precious season tickets???
NO WAY!

The jail term is a fraction of the 23-year wait to get back on the top of the season ticket waitlist!

Depends on how GB issues season tickets. I know the Indianapolis Colts give first dibs to the prior season ticket holders to either get the same seats or upgrade, then season tickets go up for the general public for a period, then tickets for individual games are put up. By calling them her family's season tickets, I'd presume that GB does something similar, and that her family has already got them and renews their season passes annually. I could be wrong though.

She got the tickets by theft,, they should cancel them and reissue to the next person in line.

Um, where did you read that the tickets were acquired through theft? The article I read said that she took $3,000 from a labor union account, but doesn't say that she bought the tickets with that money.

#7 OFFLINE   Ray_Clum

Ray_Clum

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 12:27 AM

Actually, I think that she still maintains ownership of the season ticket license, just has to donate the actual tickets...
If you can read this, you are too close.

#8 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,452 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:34 AM

Maybe I misheard this on the news... but I thought her choice was 3 months in jail or giving up the whole season tickets.

So I didn't think it was 3 months of games vs 3 months in prison... I thought it was the whole season vs 3 months.

That said, while I wouldn't find myself in her shoes anyway... IF I were and had the choice, I definately wouldn't choose prison!

#9 OFFLINE   Redster

Redster

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,185 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 11:53 AM

okay,, article didnt say she bought the tickets with the $3000 that she stole . Of course they only found out about $3000,, she could have taken more.

spam firewall