Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

One Reciever sees 61.5, but not the other?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   balthrop

balthrop

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:19 PM

I have a 501 PVR and an 801 HD reciever installed. When I discovered that Dish was adding Voom channels to the 61.5 bird, I checked to see if my system could see that.

I am told that 9416, 9417, and 9418 PI channels are on the 61.5 bird. Is there a reason that my 501 can see those channels, but the 801 can not? The two recievers are connected to the same dishes on the roof of the house.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Bill R

Bill R

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 29 April 2005 - 05:48 PM

Try running a switch test and see if that fixes it. After you run the switch test look at the switch summary and it should give you a hint as to why one receiver isn't seeing 61.5.
Bill R

#3 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 19,505 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 29 April 2005 - 08:07 PM

I have a Model 6000, and a 501... Originally I only had two 301s... when the guy came out way back when, to upgrade me for my HD receiver... he put up the 61.5 location dish, but only installed a switch/connected cables so that my main room gets the 61.5 satellite feed.

So, if I moved my 6000 into the bedroom, I wouldn't get anything from the 61.5 satellite...

In my case, this has been no big deal because I only have one HD TV and only one HD receiver... and until recently the only channels on 61.5 that I knew of were HD ones in the past.. If Dish put more non-HD stuff on 61.5 then I'd start to care, but as it is right now... no biggie. I couldn't watch the HD channels with my 501 anyway.

Perhaps this is how your wiring is setup?

spam firewall