Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

CC Discrete Remote Command

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:31 PM

I'm a new user of the 942 and would like the ability to quickly turn closed captioning on or off with the use of a single button, instead of going through all of the menus each time. Does anyone know if there's a way to do that, or if a discrete remote command is available?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 02 May 2005 - 01:58 PM

No, there isn't. But, I think it would be a nifty feature, so I'm going to request it through the official channels.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#3 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

Thanks, Mark. I hope you have some luck because it would be very handy to have. Have you had much luck going through the channels before, and if so about how long does it take them to accommodate a request like this?

#4 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 03 May 2005 - 09:23 AM

Feature requests always take a back seat to bug fixes, which there are a number of right now in the works. If the 942 PM agrees with the feature request, it'll get added to the queue for implementation. If the PM doesn't agree, it won't go any farther than that.

Other than that, I don't usually get a lot of specific information unless I really bug them about it.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

#5 OFFLINE   snidely

snidely

Mentor

• Registered
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:38 AM

I haven't bought the 942 yet (actually called the 9200 in Canada). They are still in short supply in Canada. (They were only released "up North" less than 2 months ago. I should mention that BEV (Canadian DBS system) licenses DISH hardware. Am presently using the 6000 on BEV.

In the meantime have been using Comcast's Mototola 6412 w. a Panny plasma for the past few months. To turn CC on w. the 6412 involves a lot of menu jumps. It sounds like that is the case with the 942? If so, could a macro be set up on the remote to handle this?

I just want to add my vote and put in a request for an easy "one button" press to turn CC on and off. Mainly need it for understanding the dialog of the kids on South Park<G>.

...mike

P.S. BTW, BEV offers more HD than any other cable or sat. system in N. America. The 942 will def. be useful.

#6 OFFLINE   js0873

js0873

Legend

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 147 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:11 AM

Does anyone know if the discrete remote CC command ever got added for the 942? If not, does anyone know if it will be available on the 622?

#7 OFFLINE   lakebum431

lakebum431

Icon

• Registered
  • 615 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 09:16 AM

It is still not on the 942, and I'm pretty sure that it isn't on the 622 either, but I'm not positive.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...