Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Fox News Channel on Sky Angel!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
25 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   krazy k

krazy k

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 07:47 PM

Really
Well when i signed up for skyangel i did it because of its Christ centered programming,
Now they are removing Christian channels and replacing them with secular programming, that is easily available from dish,
And you don't think the people over at daystar, family net and jctv are Upset about being forced off dish and also sky angel.
wake Up

Clark

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 08:00 PM

Really
Well when i signed up for skyangel i did it because of its Christ centered programming,
Now they are removing Christian channels and replacing them with secular programming, that is easily available from dish,
And you don't think the people over at daystar, family net and jctv are Upset about being forced off dish and also sky angel.
wake Up

Clark

We may not know about Daystar, though we know quite a bit about them, SA says Daystar refused to renew their contract with SA) but we know about Family Net --they dropped off SA and claimed they were not christian programming to get on Dish so I would scarcely say Fam Net was "forced off" I for one think this is good. I am a SA sales rep and there are a LOT of people who want family friendly and SA but do not want the family unfriendly that comes with Dish. I think this is a positive.

#23 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 09:24 PM

I am really disgusted with FamilyNet, the following quote direct from their website "owned by the North American Mission Board of the Southern Baptist Convention" - yet they claimed to be non-christian so that they could bypass the agreement between Dish and SA.

And I am a member of a SBC church, and would love to have been able to receive their programming.
http://www.pepper.net/(my personal noncommercial site)
ViP622-DVR L445RBDD-N, DishHDGold+Mobile/Pcola_Locals+SkyAngel4Life
MRX1000 and Primestar oval dish on SG2100 for FTA

#24 OFFLINE   krazy k

krazy k

Legend

• Registered
  • 206 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:10 AM

hey Rc
As a sales rep you would probley know best,
Is SA gonna make life longs pay for the new programming?
And again i hope that sa does add some more christian programming,
Who,s next to get the axe, SCTBN and Cornerstone?

#25 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:45 AM

hey Rc
As a sales rep you would probley know best,
Is SA gonna make life longs pay for the new programming?
And again i hope that sa does add some more christian programming,
Who,s next to get the axe, SCTBN and Cornerstone?

Don't know about lifers like myself whether there will be an extra charge. It looks like that decision has not been made. Next? don't know that either but I suspect maybe the PAX station if what I hear about them going to be all info commercials is true.

#26 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 02:38 PM

I doubt Sky Angel would dump TBN, as I get the impression they had many requests for it prior to its addition. Also, the actual PAX programming makes up a relatively small amount of what is on Guardian TV. I think that they will certainly have something besides infomercials.

My personal guess is perhaps EAGLE (9715). I only pick Golden Eagle as the next to go because it seems the most duplicative in programming - similar to Daystar, I'm guessing most of their shows could be found on another channel.

spam firewall