Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Shepherd's Chapel Network going on Directv 24/7?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   chris3904

chris3904

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:40 AM

I was reading a post on a website (http://www.theseason.org) that shows that the Shepherd's Chapel Network is going on channel 223 on DIRECTV 24/7 sometime today. I sure wish DISH NETWORK could work something out to get SCN on 24/7!!!!!

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   chris3904

chris3904

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 09:45 AM

I was reading a post on a website (http://www.theseason.org) that shows that the Shepherd's Chapel Network is going on channel 223 on DIRECTV 24/7 sometime today. I sure wish DISH NETWORK could work something out to get SCN on 24/7!!!!!

NOTE: You must go to the Fig Tree Cafe Forum link to find the topic concerning this.

#3 OFFLINE   normang

normang

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 11:16 AM

One is never going to get all channels that one may want from all services, if this one channel comprises the only religious channel you want to watch, and are not satisfied with the other religious programming already on Dish, then you need to switch with all the costs and hassles that may involve.

You can suggest that Dish add the channel and perhaps somewhere in the future they will. But there is never a guarantee.
Norm

#4 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:16 PM

Maybe Sky Angel could get it, or has equivalent programming that fits your desires.
http://www.pepper.net/(my personal noncommercial site)
ViP622-DVR L445RBDD-N, DishHDGold+Mobile/Pcola_Locals+SkyAngel4Life
MRX1000 and Primestar oval dish on SG2100 for FTA

#5 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 02:33 PM

Did a quick search for Shepherd's Chapel on Dish/Sky Angel and here is what popped up:

Shepard's Chapel is on Monday through Friday on:

3am 219 Mall TV
5am 9707 Guardian TV (Sky Angel)
6am 219 Mall
8am 9708 Faith TV (Sky Angel)
9am 9407 Colours TV
10am 9407 Colours TV
11am 9407 Colours TV

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#6 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,150 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

One is never going to get all channels that one may want from all services, if this one channel comprises the only religious channel you want to watch, and are not satisfied with the other religious programming already on Dish, then you need to switch with all the costs and hassles that may involve.

You can suggest that Dish add the channel and perhaps somewhere in the future they will. But there is never a guarantee.

Wasn't it on another channel on E? That man needs Sky Angel.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

#7 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:47 PM

It used to be on "Educating Everyone" for about 12 hours a day, but that channel was removed from Dish via court settlement with Sky Angel.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#8 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

maybe he cares for it to be on - 24/7 (.. just noting his thread name and a 1st post here... in this thread) :)

#9 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,079 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 06:27 PM

The SkyAngel lawsuit would prevent any new religious programming from arriving on E*.

Unless, of course, E* and SA redid their deal.

JL

#10 OFFLINE   chris3904

chris3904

Cool Member

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 07:19 PM

When is the SkyAngel and Dish Network deal over? When does the contract expire?

#11 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 08:23 PM

I thought 2008, but from this page it looks like it may be a little longer than that
http://www.skyangel....sp?x=002|042&~=

...EchoStar of its 1996 Agreement with Dominion....
Under that Agreement, EchoStar insisted that Dominion's Sky Angel service carry mostly channels with predominantly Christian themes and content while EchoStar's service would carry all other types of channels for the 12- to 15-year life of the Agreement.

I believe it's the 10 year anniversary of E*3 going operational which is 1999.

See ya
Tony

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#12 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 40,079 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:11 PM

The arrival of faux news on SkyAngel would appear to violate the agreement as previously reported. I wish they could have found a real 24x7 news network and not one of the 24x7 news program networks - they could downconvert and carry HD News if they were really just looking for a loop to keep people current.

So much for 36 channels of Christian programming --- now 35 channels plus FNC. :(

JL

#13 OFFLINE   normang

normang

Icon

• Registered
  • 1,012 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:02 AM

what is a real news channel anyway... most re-hash reports from all over. At least Fox tries to be more balanced then most of the others (IMHO)
Norm

#14 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 12 May 2005 - 07:22 AM

I beleive the Agreement between Dominion and EchoStar is for the life of EchoStar 3.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...