Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Pics of PS3, Revolution & XBox 360

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

Gaming Guru and Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 02:46 PM

PS3, Revolution, XBox 360

Attached Thumbnails

• PS3.jpg
  • Revolution.jpg
  • XBOX360.jpg

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnGfun

JohnGfun

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:54 PM

I don't like that way the PS3 Looks...Personally. :)

#3 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 05:57 PM

You'd better write this down Mr. Fun. I have to agree with you. But then, I don't like the way any of them look. :shrug:
Laverne

#4 OFFLINE   lazaruspup

lazaruspup

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:12 PM

Revolution is ok and the PS3 is acceptable, but WTF is that XBOX all about?? It looks like a Dell Optiplex workstation case.... :(
"The grass is always greener on the lawn that is watered twice daily..."

#5 OFFLINE   JohnGfun

JohnGfun

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 06:28 PM

Yeah Laverne...You're right...I don't like any of them. What the heck is a revolution anyway?

#6 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:38 PM

Revolution = Nintendo's next-gen gaming system.

#7 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 09:56 PM

Revolution -- I'm already sick of the commercial, and no one's even heard it yet! :rolleyes:
Laverne

#8 OFFLINE   JohnGfun

JohnGfun

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 06:27 AM

NEVER EVER HEARD OF IT! That is strange. What network do you see it on?

#9 OFFLINE   Tusk

Tusk

Back in the Game

• Gold Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:15 AM

Revolution is ok and the PS3 is acceptable, but WTF is that XBOX all about?? It looks like a Dell Optiplex workstation case.... :(

To each his own I guess. The only one I think that looks halfway decent is the XBOX 360. The PS3 looks like some kind of office machine and the revolution reminds me of a cable modem.

#10 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:25 AM

NEVER EVER HEARD OF IT! That is strange. What network do you see it on?

All you ever wanted to know about all 3 next-gen consoles.

http://www.ign.com/e3/2005/

http://www.gamespot.com/e3/

#11 OFFLINE   jrbdmb

jrbdmb

Icon

• Registered
  • 731 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:27 AM

Accoring to Time Magazine, the original XBox design is off-putting to women, and not accepted in Japan due to its relatively large size. This was MIcrosoft's attempt at a "kinder, gentler" design ...

#12 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:16 AM

How about a console that actually fits in, both physically and asthetically with the rest of all of my home theater equipment? Is that so hard? Or am I forced to have a sliverish oddly shaped console that doesn't fit anywhere due to it's odd shape...

#13 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 09:50 AM

Supposodly, the XBOX will have different faceplates you can purchase and Revolution was shown in about 6 colors.

#14 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:07 AM

Are people actually buying these things because of how they look?

Sheesh. Throw the effort into compelling games and hardware capabilities.

PS3. Wow, I'm an XBox fanboy and that looks impressive. The technology advantage will shift to PS3 if tehy deliver what they are promising.

XBox360. Bad name, weird box shape. The good news? Wireless controllers, HD support for ALL games required (plus Surround sound), optional Hard Drive. The Bad news? A wishy washy answer to backward compatibility (available on popular software titles.... Is that just the top 20 or the top 200?.... I want to move the XBox out of my stack when it comes out..... But I don't want to give up access to the games I still play every now and then......)

Nintendo. "Hello, Sega?.... Yeah, this is Nintendo. Move over. Another console titan is getting put out to pasture. Mario Shuffleboard ain't selling well....... " The console can't get hardly any third party software support. Their handhelds are still doing well, but that is it..... And that dinky little console form is WAY to small to be able to do anything close to what the other two titans can.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#15 OFFLINE   lazaruspup

lazaruspup

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:35 AM

Nintendo. "Hello, Sega?.... Yeah, this is Nintendo. Move over. Another console titan is getting put out to pasture. Mario Shuffleboard ain't selling well....... " The console can't get hardly any third party software support. Their handhelds are still doing well, but that is it..... And that dinky little console form is WAY to small to be able to do anything close to what the other two titans can.

I beg to differ... did anyone read the actual press notes from Nintendo's unveiling? Nintendo is putting the Revolution forth as a true revolution in gaming because the internet capabilities are going to have access to Nintendo's 20,000 game title vault. Yep. That's right. All 20,000 titles that Nintendo holds rights to will be able to be accessed through Revolution. Try that with a PS3 or XBOX 360. Personally I was banking for a PS3 when they are released, but now, I think the Revolution has swayed me with that announcement.
"The grass is always greener on the lawn that is watered twice daily..."

#16 OFFLINE   Tusk

Tusk

Back in the Game

• Gold Members
  • 738 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 11:44 AM

I beg to differ... did anyone read the actual press notes from Nintendo's unveiling? Nintendo is putting the Revolution forth as a true revolution in gaming because the internet capabilities are going to have access to Nintendo's 20,000 game title vault. Yep. That's right. All 20,000 titles that Nintendo holds rights to will be able to be accessed through Revolution. Try that with a PS3 or XBOX 360. Personally I was banking for a PS3 when they are released, but now, I think the Revolution has swayed me with that announcement.

Also known as MAME and google. :)

#17 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:22 PM

That may be compelling enough for me to get it but for what price per month?

#18 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 12:27 PM

The gaming message boards are running rampant with rumors that Nintendo will release more info on Revolution tomorrow.

BTW, the rumor on the PS3 launch price is $465.
http://ps3.ign.com/a...5/615745p1.html

Protected By... spam firewall...And...