Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

DirecTV Readies HDTV Sports Net

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2001 - 07:58 AM

DirecTV Inc.’s long-expected new high-definition sports channel -- backed by former Internet mogul Mark Cuban -- will debut this week, sources said.

The service, called HDNet, is slated to debut Thursday with the telecast of a Minnesota Twins-Texas Rangers Major League Baseball game. More than 12 baseball games are expected to follow before the end of the season.

<a href="http://www.tvinsite.com/multichannelnews/index.asp?layout=story&articleid=&doc_id=44398&display=breakingNews" target=none>[b]MORE[b]</a>

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2001 - 10:41 AM

I have a feeling we may see this channel on Dish Network within a few months. Mark Couban has been going around saying that his deal with DirecTV is no exclusive.

Would love to see it!

Scott

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2001 - 03:40 PM

Am I wrong, or will this HD sports eye candy be free for the plucking? If so, good for us. It'll obviously be a more potent "demo channel", too.

#4 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2001 - 08:35 PM

Per Mr. Cuban, it will not be on Dish.

www.avsforum.com/ubb/Foru...04615.html

#5 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2001 - 05:36 AM

Dang I just read his note.

Now it looks like I have to go out and get a DirecTV HDTV Unit.

Any good units besides the DTC-100?

Scott

#6 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2001 - 06:04 AM

I just saw one yesterday at Best Buy as an "open ticket" item for $239. Almost bought it just for the heck of it.

#7 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2001 - 11:08 AM

I suppose this will be requested by Dish subs now on Charlie Chats.

Charlie: "Hello caller?"

Caller: "I Want My HDNet!!"

Charlie: "We Have HDNet"

Caller: "Where is it on the EPG?"

Charlie: "Its called TechTV. Its a channel about Hard drives, isnt it?"

Caller: "Yes, but..."

Charlie: "Ive always called TechTv HDNet, so there...we have it..now dont bother me requesting a channel that I have already have. Now here's Jim Ferguson promoting his new channel we are gonna add. Its 24 hours of his reviews on Dish. My wife and I love the channel so much that we're gonna take Fox Sports World off the EPG so I can add this special channel"

Of course I could be wrong.... :D

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2001 - 11:15 AM

:lol:

#9 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2002 - 02:44 PM

Panasonic TU-HDS20 beats the RCA hands down. Much more sensitive on local broadcast reception. Of course, the Panasonic is more expensive.

spam firewall