Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Themes disappears after opening

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   dweber

dweber

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 May 2005 - 08:26 PM

When I bring up Themes (left arrow) and pick a category, the program list opens and then immediately closes. I have used Themes in the past with no problems. I have plenty of disk space left (126 hours SD or 18 Hours HD). I only power the receiver on for 3-4 hours each night when I watch programs. I did a power reboot but this did not fix the problem. My Receiver CA ID is R0066164701-07. My SW Version is L213HEED-N. My boot Version is 150B.

I contacted Dish technical support and the technician was unaware of this particular problem. She had me check my signal strength on 105, 110, and 119 on several different transponders and all signal strengths were excellent. She then made out an incident report since she claims that my problem is not documented. Is this a new bug or is it just unknown to the DISH Technical support? Also, is there any known fix?

Thank you for your support.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Skates

Skates

Icon

• Registered
  • 564 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 07:52 AM

Same thing began happening to me yesterday - kept trying to go into "Sports" themes but would be kicked out within a few seconds.

I tried a soft reboot (which didn't fix it) followed by a power-plug reboot (which didn't fix it either).

The only theory I had was that maybe there was something corrupt in the guide itself, so I figured I'd wait overnight and let it generate a new guide, then try it this morning.

Sure enough, it's working fine now. :P

#3 OFFLINE   jwr

jwr

• Registered
  • 9 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 09:00 AM

Same thing here. It's happened the last two nights

#4 OFFLINE   brec

brec

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 19 May 2005 - 02:31 PM

The only theory I had was that maybe there was something corrupt in the guide itself, so I figured I'd wait overnight and let it generate a new guide, then try it this morning.

Sure enough, it's working fine now. :P

Just a data point: me, too. Yesterday was my first day with the 921.

spam firewall