Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New NFL Sunday Ticket Commercial is hilarious

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mainedish

mainedish

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:53 AM

Keep an eye out for it. The song has a Willy Wonka connection.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 05:42 PM

i've seen the new NFL Sunday Ticket commercial a few times. Can't wait for the NFL Season on Direc Tv. It is one of the main reasons why I went with Direc Tv back in 1997. Been a Direc Tv Customer ever since and never plan on going back to cable.

#3 OFFLINE   BabaLouie

BabaLouie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 07:10 PM

How do you feel about Directv charging $99/season additional for the HD games that were no extra charge in past years?

#4 OFFLINE   mrao

mrao

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:33 PM

The extra $99 is sure not gonna go down too well with repeat NFL subscribers...especially ones who got all the HD games free last season

#5 OFFLINE   Msguy

Msguy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,572 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:36 PM

It doesn't hurt my feelings any. I'll watch the games in standard definition just as i have since day 1. I'm not a big fan of HD yet. As Long as I can see the bears games and know what's going on i'm just fine. HD stands for "High Dollars" in my book. Just a way to get more money out of hard working folks. :lol:

#6 OFFLINE   DonLandis

DonLandis

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 3,363 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

The extra $99 is sure not gonna go down too well with repeat NFL subscribers...especially ones who got all the HD games free last season

FREE?
Boy are you brainwashed! DirecTV gives nothing away for FREE except if you are one of those celebrities who can afford the cost but get the NFLST truly free anyway since they are NFL players or Team owners.

#7 OFFLINE   mrao

mrao

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 08 June 2005 - 04:20 PM

FREE?
Boy are you brainwashed! DirecTV gives nothing away for FREE except if you are one of those celebrities who can afford the cost but get the NFLST truly free anyway since they are NFL players or Team owners.

Hmm...I meant...D* sure didnt charge an extra fee last year for customers to be able to watch games broadcast in HD....

#8 OFFLINE   n8dagr8

n8dagr8

Resident Rounder

• Gold Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 02:23 PM

How do you feel about Directv charging $99/season additional for the HD games that were no extra charge in past years?

yeah, everytime I see that commercial I start cussing. What did it cost them to get Peyton Manning, Dick Butkus, Barry Sanders..... to do that commercial. Out of hand!
N8

"The heart has reasons that reason does not know. It is the heart that feels God and not reason." ~Pascal

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Dick Cheney

#9 OFFLINE   Roger

Roger

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 518 posts

Posted 02 July 2005 - 03:04 AM

What is the price of that package this year?

#10 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 17 July 2005 - 06:25 PM

I canceled that overpriced NFL Package. Last year we paid $189.00, now they want $319.00 for the same thing.

I bought an antenna for my attic and now get all of my local channels in HD, and will be able to see all the local games and not pay a cent for them. If I got the package they would be blacked out half the time anyway.

My money will be spent on "Center Ice Package" this year. Will get a lot more enjoyment out of it. Games 7 nights a week, instead of 6 hours a week for only 16 weeks with the NFL Package. They haven't come out with the price yet, but I am sure it will be less than $319.00.

#11 OFFLINE   mainedish

mainedish

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:11 AM

I canceled that overpriced NFL Package. Last year we paid $189.00, now they want $319.00 for the same thing.

I bought an antenna for my attic and now get all of my local channels in HD, and will be able to see all the local games and not pay a cent for them. If I got the package they would be blacked out half the time anyway.

My money will be spent on "Center Ice Package" this year. Will get a lot more enjoyment out of it. Games 7 nights a week, instead of 6 hours a week for only 16 weeks with the NFL Package. They haven't come out with the price yet, but I am sure it will be less than $319.00.

The NHL would be wise to almost give away the package to get people to watch again. Some advice for the NHL. Lower prices. Make the net bigger. They may work. Dare I say more fights?

#12 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,461 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:09 AM

The NHL would be wise to almost give away the package to get people to watch again. Some advice for the NHL. Lower prices. Make the net bigger. They may work. Dare I say more fights?

I could handle those ideas. Being originally from your neck of the woods, I know hockey is big up there.

#13 OFFLINE   mainedish

mainedish

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2,196 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 01:29 PM

I could handle those ideas. Being originally from your neck of the woods, I know hockey is big up there.

Boston has always been a big Hockey town. So has New England. But to be honest Hockey interest has slowed even in New England. That is a problem that I know the NHL is very concerned about. I think they can fix it. The Bruins lost some people who moved on to other jobs. Not the hockey players but some of the broadcasting personal. They had to. They needed the money.

spam firewall