Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Guess the Next Channel to be Added

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BabaLouie

BabaLouie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:04 PM

Thought I would poll those of you who peruse this forum to see what channel you think will be the next to be added to SA. I'm going to guess Hallmark.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 09:11 PM

I would vote for that for sure but I suspect that Southern Entertainment TV will be next

#3 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

God Bless America!

• Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:19 PM

Yesterday Fox News ... Tomorrow, The Playboy Channel? Okay, that's excessive - but whatever it is it won't necessarily be Christian. Sky Angel seems to be lowering their level of commitment to Christian programming (though I do understand there aren't any Christian news channels, but they could start one)

#4 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 20 May 2005 - 11:23 PM

Yesterday Fox News ... Tomorrow, The Playboy Channel? Okay, that's excessive - but whatever it is it won't necessarily be Christian. Sky Angel seems to be lowering their level of commitment to Christian programming (though I do understand there aren't any Christian news channels, but they could start one)

The resources needed to start a televised news channel would be huge. I am sure SA feels their resources need to be channeled into satellites or world brodcasting not news.

#5 OFFLINE   mattb

mattb

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 01:08 AM

I think one of the reasons Fox News was chosen is because most Christians look upon it for their source of news, I know my pastor has mentioned FNC before that he watches it, so I think it was a win win choice for Skyangel!

#6 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 22 May 2005 - 10:59 AM

I assumed that the package that was going to be released were all going to come out at the same time, not one by one.

#7 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 05:32 AM

I don't necessarily think that it would be the next one SA would pick, but I would pick Hallmark if it was up to me. It is a secular channel, but definitely one of the safest ones out there for family viewing, and I think it has some of the "Classic TV" in which SA subs seem to share an interest.

#8 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 06:15 AM

I don't necessarily think that it would be the next one SA would pick, but I would pick Hallmark if it was up to me. It is a secular channel, but definitely one of the safest ones out there for family viewing, and I think it has some of the "Classic TV" in which SA subs seem to share an interest.

I would pick Hallmark as well. Although it is not a "Christian" network, I believe it offers the family programming (with some exceptions of course) that most Sky Angel subscribers would want (including my wife and I). :)

Jeff

#9 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 23 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

The FNC program schedule is now listed in the June Sky Angel Guide

Info on Sky Angel's family package:

www.skyangel.com/About/Index.asp?IdS=0004EB-CDBA9C0&Reference=fampack&~=

#10 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 24 May 2005 - 03:57 PM

I also think Hallmark would be one of the best choices for Sky Angel.

spam firewall