Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Gospel Music Television will be history soon -- Hallmark Movie Channel coming soon!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mattb

mattb

Legend

• Registered
  • 189 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:04 AM

Gospel Music Television will be history on SA soon on Channel 9730 as according to the news release, Skyangel will be debuting The Hallmark movie channel on that position in the near future.

more info:

http://www.skyangel.com/hallmark

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,665 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 10:20 AM

Discontinuation of Daystar Television Network on Sky Angel
Daystar Television Network has declined to renew its contract to permit Sky Angel to continue carrying its channel on the Sky Angel satellite system, forcing Sky Angel to discontinue carriage of Daystar.

Discontinuation of Gospel Music Television Network on Sky Angel
Gospel Music Television Network has agreed to come off Sky Angel due to technical and other issues. A date has not yet been established for the discontinuation of Gospel Music Television Network on Sky Angel.

JL

#3 OFFLINE   BabaLouie

BabaLouie

AllStar

• Registered
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 May 2005 - 12:53 PM

I'm hoping SA will pick up another Southern Gospel channel to replace GMT.
Perhaps Southern?

#4 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 12:13 AM

I would also like to see Gospel Music Television remain on SkyAngel but I think that the Hallmark channels will be a welcome addition for most.

#5 OFFLINE   Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 07:35 PM

Now that GMT is leaving SA, I would like to see E* add GMT or other Southern Gospel music channel. Their are not enough Southern Gospel channels available on TV and Radio, we need more.

#6 OFFLINE   garydw

garydw

Legend

• Registered
  • 104 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

My question: Are there any other SGM Channels other than Gospel Music Televison?

How would I continue to receive GMT?

Gary

#7 OFFLINE   RJS1111111

RJS1111111

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 03:59 PM

My question: Are there any other SGM Channels other than Gospel Music Televison?

How would I continue to receive GMT?

Gary

None that I'm aware of.

According to lyngsat, you can get GMT on a BUD (C-band), from Intelsat Americas 13 at 121 deg. west longitude, on transponder 20, in the clear (DC2 format).

#8 OFFLINE   Tim Lones

Tim Lones

Mentor

• Registered
  • 33 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 06:57 PM

It has been discussed here about Southern Entertainment Television coming to SA at some point. A 3 channel setup that has Southern Gospel, Bluegrass and Classic Black Gospel on each of three channels. Sounds good,,

#9 OFFLINE   rcwilcox

rcwilcox

Godfather

• Registered
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 08:04 PM

It has been discussed here about Southern Entertainment Television coming to SA at some point. A 3 channel setup that has Southern Gospel, Bluegrass and Classic Black Gospel on each of three channels. Sounds good,,

see:

http://www.theset.net/about_us.htm

#10 OFFLINE   Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 31 May 2005 - 07:17 AM

That would be a nice line up, I listen to Bluegrass Gospel a lot on the Bluegrass channel on XM.

spam firewall