Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Danica Patrick ran a great race at Indy

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Corn

John Corn

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,046 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:20 PM

Beat all but three of the best open wheel drivers in the United States.

Sooooo, all you "macho" dudes, what do you think of that? :D

http://www.danicaracing.com/

Attached Thumbnails

• 22845.jpg

Have a Great Day! :) :flag:

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,160 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:41 PM

She showed great determination coming back from a couple of mistakes that put her at the tail end of the lead lap a couple different times. Looks like the woman can drive. Also wanted to say great job by Dan Wheldon and Andretti-Green Racing! It's about time Michael Andretti got to victory lane at Indy, even if it is as an owner!

#3 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:42 PM

Cool! If it wasn't that she was low on fuel and actually ran out of gas on the last lap, she could have won it. I also liked how she recovered from a spin and was able to get into the pits to repair damage in a bad restart. She was untimately at fault for that one. Nothing much she could have done, but she was the one that initiated the contact.

Overall a great race.

And now for the NASCAR Coca-Cola 600! So far a great start OOPS!!!! first yellow flag at lap 11

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#4 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 03:43 PM

These cars look like they are standing still after watching IRL cars going 50-70 MPH faster!

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#5 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:13 PM

You guys ruined it for me. I am watching it on my 508 right now. Wow has she done a great job. Eight laps left for me.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#6 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:20 PM

Wow. Is she ever going to be great for racing in the next few years. What a race. How did she EVER come back from losing (not loosing) that front wing?

#7 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:31 PM

What's the deal with the milk and when did that tradition start?

#8 OFFLINE   Nick

Nick

Keep going - don't give up!

• DBSTalk Club
  • 21,276 posts
  • LocationThe Beautiful Golden Isles of Coastal Georgia

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:35 PM

:confused: Who won? :shrug:

~ 12 Year Anniversary ~
Charter Gold Club Member
DBSTalk Club ~ 21k Club
Top 10 Poster

#9 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 04:43 PM

The brit! Dan Wheldon

See ya
Tony

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#10 OFFLINE   kwajr

kwajr

Icon

• Registered
  • 742 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 06:21 PM

i just wanted her to win

#11 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:29 PM

What's the deal with the milk and when did that tradition start?

The winner I think always has gotten milk. It's been milk for as long as I known racing.

#12 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 29 May 2005 - 09:55 PM

Interesting story on the milk tradition:
http://www.indianada...ctory_lane.html

The legendary Louis Meyer, a three-time 500 winner (in 1928, 1933, and 1936) is acknowledged as the driver who began the tradition with his request for a cold drink of buttermilk following his victory in 1933. Louis said that his mother made the best buttermilk and he really looked forward to having some after the long, hot grueling race. Later, the bottle of milk was made a permanent part of the post-race celebration by Anton Tony Hulman, the Terre Haute industrialist and sportsman who purchased a dilapidated Speedway in 1945 and saved the 500-mile race from extinction.

I wonder is a winner is lactose intollerant if the tradition will come to a screaching hault! :)

See ya
Tony

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

#13 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 07:49 AM

Yesterday was my first Indy 500 I saw in person and it was absolutely amazing. To have 25,000 horsepower fly by you at 220 MPH in a matter of seconds was just spectacular. And I think what made it even more spectacular was that there wasn't a single person that didn't appear to be rooting for Danica. When she opted not to pit when all the leaders did towards the end of the race and took the lead, the crowd just went nuts. It just slightly edged out when the crowed went completely silent when she spun out and knocked off her front wing, only to erupt when she came out of pit row.

I was sitting almost in the middle between turns 1 and 2. We were "lucky" enough to have 3 of 5 accidents to happen right in front of us. The first one hit a few sections down and his debris trail went all over the place. The 2nd one, the one with two cars - a Meijer and Target cars, came to a stop literally in front of us. It was interesting to watch the rescue and cleanup crews work. They were usually rolling while the cars were still sliding to a stop.

The funniest moment of the day was watching one of the cars drive around the turn with 3 of his 4 wheels. The 4th, the right front, sat happily on top of the car.

My only complaint for the day was that you couldn't hear the announcers. Commentary or hearing the radio chatter would have been beneficial in figuring out what happened, even when you are seeing it happen with your own eyes.

Coming home, we were talking about the race. We couldn't remember the name of the winner a few times. Whats-his-name might have won it, but Danica was the star of the day by far. Her sponsors definitely got their money's worth.

#14 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 30 May 2005 - 09:33 AM

There is nothing like attending a motor sport in person! I personally don't like to see the wrecks, not only because of the diver's safety, but because it slows the race down and allows non-contenders to interfere with the leaders (especially in NASCAR with the 2 wide restarts). I loved to go to the Lawrenceburg Speedway 25 minutes down the road to watch the outlaw sprint cars go around the 3/8 dirt oval (true oval, no straight) go by at 90MPH. You can tell the newbies because they sit down in front. The dirt these things sling reaches the 10th row of this little grandstand. The latemodels and beater classes are also fun. I like the small tracks because you can see everything and you are right up on the action! But there is nothing like watching these indy cars go by at 230 MPH! At Kentucky Motor Speedway, the open wheel races are also great! This 1½ mile tri-oval is a great cross between a short track and a super-speedway.

I still miss the ½ mile asphalt Tri-County Speedway in West Chester Twp. When all the money moved up there there, the twp trustees caved to the noise and traffic complaints. Never mind the track was there for decades before these morons bought the property next to the track!

See ya
Tony

"Dish Channel Chart"
"TV Market Maps"

Protected By... spam firewall...And...