Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Hallmark Movie Channel now on Sky Angel

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JeffH

JeffH

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:39 PM

The Hallmark Movie Channel is now on channel 9730

Jeff

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   tsrk30

tsrk30

Mentor

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 04:46 PM

So do we know what is next to be added and what is next to be removed?

#3 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 39,365 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 06:11 PM

Not yet. But there is plenty of speculation.

JL

#4 OFFLINE   drfreeman

drfreeman

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 07:30 PM

how do we know what the program sched on hallmark movie channel is??? :(

#5 OFFLINE   jegrant

jegrant

Legend

• Registered
  • 172 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 08:22 PM

Well, I certainly have wondered why Hallmark itself didn't provide a schedule, but Sky Angel states that they will have all the info in their online guide soon - and hopefully in the on screen guide soon after that.

http://www.skyangel.com/hallmark/

One upside - so far, it seems that Hallmark Movie Channel is commercial-free. I doubt it will stay that way forever. But in the short time I watched, the only interruption was a very short announcement of which movie was up next or a short "Making of" vignette. Even between movies, they only ran a "feature presentation" reel that set up the next movie.

If, in fact, HMC plans to remain commercial-free, that would be one heck of a selling point for SA. I'd practically consider it a premium channel in that case.

#6 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 02 June 2005 - 10:35 PM

There are a TON of breaks. Though they are short, they are plentiful! That makes watching a movie a chore! At least the one on now is one I have never seen and actually WANT to watch! Moby Dick with Patrick Stewart as Ahab.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

spam firewall