Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Go Spurs! (The NBA finals thread)

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#26 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 15 June 2005 - 07:27 AM

Thanks for the pics from the old hometown Chris! Looks like fun. Hard to believe they built such a nice sports palace at the old Joe Freeman Coliseum (aka the stockyards!)

It is quite amazing. You can't see it in the picture but the Coliseum is right behind the SBC Center. Even with the two arenas, there is still plenty of parking.

I kind of hope the Spurs take it in 6 games. That way they will win while at home. :D

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#27 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:16 AM

Chris,
Bet you wish just a little bit that last night's game had been in SA. Nice opening act, huh? :)
Laverne

#28 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:23 AM

I missed it! Did Carrie Underwood sing?

It was a horrible game. Very painful to watch. I went to bed after the 3rd quarter. :nono2:

#29 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 06:31 AM

Yes, she did. Star-Spangled Banner! ;)

I also fell asleep during the third quarter. Yes, very painful. :(

I didn't see the beginning of the game the other night. For a minute there I thought I was watching a Red Sox game. How rude were those fans?! :mad: I guess I expect some booing, but so loud that you can clearly hear it over the TV? That's just TOO rude! :bad_nono:
Laverne

#30 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 17 June 2005 - 07:22 AM

I was just kidding about all that stuff I said in this thread about how good the Spurs are. That game last night was fugly. Luckily, I recorded it on my 921 and watched most of in fast forward.

All is not lost though. If they can get a win in Detroit on Sunday they'll be sitting pretty for the return home.

But just in case, I like my crow barbequed with a bit of black pepper. :rolleyes:
My time walkin' the blue globe is sparse. Hopefully, see ya'll on the flipside.

#31 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 05:16 AM

Wow! What a game last night. Robert Horry is definitely the hero. Tim Duncan should be thanking Horry for making up his missed free throw points.

That was the most exciting game I have seen in a long time. Definitely worth staying up late for especially since the home team won!

Tuesday should be a interesting night. Maybe I should call in sick on Wednesday. :lol:

#32 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 20 June 2005 - 07:56 AM

I can remember Horry doing the same thing to the Spurs a few years ago when he was with the Lakers and even the Rockets. Mr. Clutch 3 pointer for sure. Pretty incredible with the hurt shoulder also....

Duncan just collapsed from the free throw line last night. He had been doing so well the whole series. Was even weirder that he was hot with the rest of his game....

They HAD to get out of there with a win for sure. Now let's win the championship at home!
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

#33 OFFLINE   Stewart Vernon

Stewart Vernon

Excellent Adventurer

• Moderators
  • 20,352 posts
  • LocationKittrell, NC

Posted 20 June 2005 - 08:30 AM

Duncan is like that with the free throws... In the previous series, he had something like 15/15 one game, then followed that up with a 3/15 game a few nights later. Some guys, especially the big guys, seem to have a real problem with consistency on the free throw line.

If you saw any of the post-game stuff, Duncan was very quick to point out his free throw misses and to point out how Horry saved the day.

I'm rooting for San Antonio anyway... but I was especially pleased to see a good game finally in the series. Last night was the first time so far that BOTH teams played hard, and it showed with a close game.

I would not have been surprised to see Detroit win with a final second shot... but San Antonio made the right defensive plays at the end and kept the ball from Billups who had been Detroit's playmaker all night.

#34 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 07:09 AM

If you saw any of the post-game stuff, Duncan was very quick to point out his free throw misses and to point out how Horry saved the day.....

Duncan is like that, the prince of the league. David R. taught it to him. It's called sportmanship and Duncan is full of it. A real class act.

Go Spurs Go!
My time walkin' the blue globe is sparse. Hopefully, see ya'll on the flipside.

#35 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 21 June 2005 - 10:00 PM

oh, welll...

so much for game 6...

on to game 7

so much for the parade :(

probably get it in game 7 :)

OH...sorry for the spoiler ;)
Laverne

#36 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:28 AM

Spurs Win!!!

Wow! What a game last night. I was really worried at the beginning. It was shaping up to be Game 6 all over again. In the end though, the Spurs showed their true colors and finally started making some important shots. Way to go Spurs!

The celebration pretty much went all night last night. People were driving around all over the city and honking their horns. The downtown area was gridlocked with people and cars.

My daughter and I jumped into the car and only needed to drive a couple of miles. The main road coming into our neighborhood was immediately transformed into a cruising strip. Hundreds of people emerged from their homes and lined the streets while happy drivers honked, waived and gave high-fives. It was really a lot of fun.

The Spurs river parade is set for this Saturday followed by a big celebration rally at the Alamodome.

This is a great time for our city. Detroit is a tough team so we really had to earn this one.

#37 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 06:46 AM

Woo-Hoo!!! :joy: :dance: :jump3: :dance01:

Saturday will be a better day for the parade! :grin:

Stay safe, Chris, and don't do anything TOO crazy!! :D
Laverne

#38 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:03 AM

I feel like Whitney Houston on drugs in Israel this AM.!!!!

This is "MY TEAM, MY TEAM"!!!!!!

How bout them Spurs!!!!!!

I have every moment of last nights game recorded in glorious 720p HD and will transfer to Dvhs for HD archiving this weekend!
Mike

#39 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:11 AM

I feel like Whitney Houston on drugs in Israel this AM.!!!!

This is "MY TEAM, MY TEAM"!!!!!!

How bout them Spurs!!!!!!

I have every moment of last nights game recorded in glorious 720p HD and will transfer to Dvhs for HD archiving this weekend!

Good idea! I plan on at least saving the last quarter of the game. Won't be able to save in HD but will transfer to DVD in anamorphic widescreen.

Everyone here in San Antonio is on cloud nine this morning.

#40 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 07:14 AM

Just ordered the Spurs NBA 2005 Finals Championship Kit from the NBA store a few minutes ago!

Nice DVD of the series, Spurs Championship Hat and T-shirt for $65!
Mike

#41 OFFLINE   invaliduser88

invaliduser88

Welcome to Torchwood

• Gold Members
  • 1,602 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 08:13 AM

My sister-in-law is the the events manager at the SBC center, I bet she is saying "Thank God this $%&* is over, I can get some rest now."

:lol:

#42 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:09 AM

Just ordered the Spurs NBA 2005 Finals Championship Kit from the NBA store a few minutes ago!

Nice DVD of the series, Spurs Championship Hat and T-shirt for $65!

That's actually not too bad. I just spent $46 plus tax on just the shirt and the hat. I plan to get the DVD when it's released. Should be pretty easily available here in town.

#43 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:42 AM

Hopefully it also includes all the renditions of the Star-Spangled Banner. ;)
Laverne

#44 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Topic Starter
  • Administrators
  • 17,207 posts

Posted 24 June 2005 - 11:47 AM

Hopefully it also includes all the renditions of the Star-Spangled Banner. ;)

BTW, I finally did see that. My wife had it recorded on the Tivo upstairs. Carrie did a great job.

All of the musical performances can be seen at the NBA web site:

http://www.nba.com/f...rformances.html

Protected By... spam firewall...And...