Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

National Geographic Channel On Dish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
12 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   John Weathers

John Weathers

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 04:58 PM

As of July the 12th The National Geographic will be added to the AT150 on the 110 bird!:D

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SParker

SParker

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,559 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 05:11 PM

Welcome John! If you right this will make a lot of folks happy happy!

#3 OFFLINE   Keith S

Keith S

Mentor

• Registered
  • 32 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 05:23 PM

Who are your sources? Do you know what channel number?
Thank you for reading.

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 06:12 PM

Hey John Welcome to DBSTalk :hi:

John has good sources, a lot of things he posted on DBSForums have come true. Great news!

wow he's member number 666 :eek2:
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#5 OFFLINE   Rage

Rage

Fromer Member

• Banned User
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 04 July 2002 - 08:52 PM

Darn, I can't get 110 in the summer because of a tree.

#6 OFFLINE   Bob Haller

Bob Haller

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 3,068 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 09:15 AM

Gee I remeber when I had a great source, I wonder how OO7 is doing? I lost his e mail address in a HD crash, and by that time he had moved on to a better job. :) if you read this hows it going?

Those were the days! Leaks, attemding E6 launch, and signing the banner right after Charlie. Irritating the mods with E is better than D! E went and buys D trashing my fun:( Talking to laurie farkus on DNN and having Mike Dugan calling my house thanking me for a tech suggestion were fablous moments too. This resuklted in a new channel with few subs going up. Mine and Metros big secret:D

Of course some tried to leak BOGUS info to make me look bad, and some good info got delayed for unknown reasons, Dan liked to pounce on that.

It was FUN, but stressful. Now I am a Mod for obesity help.com and help others considering weight loss surgery. This is less fun but much more rewarding.

Hey someone please post a link back to here here at the other place on that remember when thread. they might like my recollections...

Funiest thing I ever saw there. Harry D saying Dans head was so big he must of had his doors altered to make the tops larger so he could walk thru....

Harry how you doing? Keep the weight off?

#7 OFFLINE   Chris Freeland

Chris Freeland

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,660 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 10:48 AM

Their are only a small hand full of good basic channels that E* or D* do not already currently carry, NGC is one of the few that I have wanted E* to add, I hope this info is true.

#8 OFFLINE   Rage

Rage

Fromer Member

• Banned User
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 10:57 AM

I wished they would have put it on 119 and in the Top 100 package. I'd trade many channels in the Top 100 for this one assuming that this channel mostly shows wildlife shows and not the stupid animal videos like Animal Planet seems to show all the time.

#9 OFFLINE   psecic

psecic

AllStar

• Registered
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 July 2002 - 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Keith S
Who are your sources? Do you know what channel number?

Channel 186. Its part of the FOX O&O FOX & Dish hashed out.

#10 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 12:38 PM

They want to add it to the 150 package to get more customers to sub to that package and make it look more enticing.

Some people on Distretailer.com and DBSForums.com have also been saying this channel was going up on the same day that people on here have been saying.

#11 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 01:22 PM

It seems odd Dish will be adding a channel on a Friday. For the past 2 years now its been mostly Wednesdays.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#12 OFFLINE   MediaMills

MediaMills

AllStar/Supporter

• Registered
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 05:00 PM

Originally posted by Rage

Well, I live in Arlington, TX and your tree is p*ssing me off. I give you permission to hack out the offending branches. ;)
Mediamills :hi:
spam@prmills.com (yes, it works!)

The problem with people today can be narrowed to two things:
1) Nobody pays attention
2) Nobody takes responsibility

#13 OFFLINE   Danny R

Danny R

Goblin the Pug

• Gold Members
  • 4,885 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 09:52 PM

Thats why God invented chainsaws. ;)
"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." - Galileo

Protected By... spam firewall...And...