Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Kenny Rogers

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   SAEMike

SAEMike

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:26 PM

If you punch someone on the street, the cop will likely take in into custody because tempers are hot, and he has no way to verify different variables like your address, occupation, ect.

If a police officer does not witness the attack, you would likely be given a summons for court, or the case would be forwarded to the DA to decide whether there is enough evidence to prosecute. (as happened in this case)

Now as for the punishment from baseball, there are limits to what punishment that can be set. I'm sure you wouldn't want a supervisor at your work violating the contract you work under, why should baseball violate theirs?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:48 PM

Well put Mike. I think Mr. Rogers is guilty. I just think he is entltled to the same process other ballplayers get.

Now----who will win the All Star game?
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#23 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 11:56 AM

The American League. They always do..........
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#24 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

Normally I'd say cut off his throwing hand and one of his big toes. But, since the Rangers are my team, I say let him off scot free and give him a raise. :D
My time walkin' the blue globe is sparse. Hopefully, see ya'll on the flipside.

#25 OFFLINE   Dan9

Dan9

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:52 PM

I guess Kenny Rogers will be at the All Star game on Tuesday. He said that he's going because he wants to honor the players who voted for him, since the voting was done before his little incident, I don't believe any of those players would have voted him in if the voting was done after that?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...