Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need D* receiver for under 40 bucks

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
23 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jrjcd

jrjcd

Arcane Movie Trivia King

• Gold Members
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 07:37 AM

just out of curiosity, why do you need four names, four addresses and four different credit cards for (presumably)four receivers at your home???this doesn't make sense to me...:shrug:
jrjcd(jack)-

"I've got a FEVER...and the ONLY prescription for it is MORE COWBELL!!!!"
Lengendary record producer Bruce Dickinson

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 07:58 AM

It makes perfect sence if you are getting the receivers for free in a pack for new customers that comes with a dish. The 18inch dish is useless to me cause I need the oval one for my locals. And we cant put 2 dishes on the house cause that is "ugly".
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#23 OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 09:32 AM

I guess that all of us, at one time or another, would like to get something for nothing. But, frankly, it appears to me as if you are being just a tad unreasonable. Apparently, you are willing to engage in some tactics that are, at best, unethical, in an attempt to get free equipment. If you try to "put one over" on a retailer or DirecTV, it will eventually reach up and bite you. Several people on this forum have given you reasonable and inexpensive solutions to your' circumstance but you seem to be ignoring all of them in your' quest for "freebies".

#24 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 09:37 AM

OK I found and E-bay store that sells the dish and receiver for 4.99 upwards. Now do I have to have the dish installed or no? I already have a dish.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

Protected By... spam firewall...And...