Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

New Channels

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
36 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   Paul Secic

Paul Secic

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,094 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 03:59 PM

Does Directv plan on adding any new channels worth watching? The last three they've added have nothing to offer to hardly anybody. Thanks for your responses.

You've got Oxygen, Reality, Lifetime Real Women. All Dishnetwork add is junk like: Si,, IMF both low budget junk.

Enjoying AT 250 HBO, 

Equipment: VIP 722 reciever

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,839 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 11 July 2005 - 04:18 PM

I've already talked about this in [thread=43538]another thread[/thread], and I am currently composing a letter to DirecTV which will be mailed out in a few days certified mail. (That way, somebody will read it.) But, here are the latest additions in comparision with Comcast Sacramento's lineup:
  • LOGO - Comcast stated it has reached an agreement
  • Fox Reality Channel - Not carried
  • Lifetime Real Women - Not carried
  • TV One - Not carried
  • Nicktoons - Comcast 126
How about the channel that I want to see added:Anything above channel 100 is carried on the Digital tier.

Look, I'm not switching back to Comcast just to get those channels. But, I would like to see then added. The International Channel/AZN TV is the only channel I've missed since switching over to DBS. Anyways, the address for DirecTV is:

DIRECTV Customer Service
P.O. Box 29079
Glendale, CA 91209-9079
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#23 OFFLINE   Gm2

Gm2

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 25 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:27 PM

Only thing that is bad about comcast is digital cable costs a lot more than directv here in Sacramento. I had them and it cost me $78 a month for two boxes. I now have 4 rooms at $60.96. Comcast is too high.

#24 OFFLINE   Dan9

Dan9

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 05:41 PM

Will there ever be a way to get TSN or Rogers Sportsnet from Canada on American Satellites or cable companies? Doesn't ESPN own TSN?

TSN:www.tsn.ca
Rogers Sportsnet:www.sportsnet.ca

#25 OFFLINE   compubit

compubit

AllStar/Supporter

• Registered
  • 143 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 08:46 PM

I seriously doubt you'll ever see TSN or Rogers Sportsnet in their entirety off the American Satellites... (You may see some unique - non-US generated - programming from these providers on US Sports stations).

TSN is owned by Bell Globemedia (who also own Canadian Network CTV); Rogers SportsNet is owned by *surprise* Rogers Cable. In Canada, there is nothing such as "Cable Exclusivity" or "Satellite Exclusivity" - all parties are "equal" with respect to programming, especially since Shaw Cable (major operator in western Canada) either owns or is a major investor in Sat provider StarChoice. It's sort of funny seeing that Bell ExpressVu carries "CablePulse 24" from Toronto - you'd never see E* or D* carrying NY1 news or Washington DC's NewsChannel 8...

Jim

#26 OFFLINE   ramy

ramy

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 54 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 06:42 AM

The LOGO channel can go take a flying leap in their tutus for all I care.

#27 OFFLINE   hockeyinsd

hockeyinsd

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 01:10 PM

Will there ever be a way to get TSN or Rogers Sportsnet from Canada on American Satellites or cable companies? Doesn't ESPN own TSN?

TSN:www.tsn.ca
Rogers Sportsnet:www.sportsnet.ca

google "the canadian solution" and you'll find out how to get it here. I email Dish Network once a month about adding the NHL network, but until I buy the canadian solution, I'll have to stick to getting center ice to see rogers, tsn or cbc.

#28 OFFLINE   mikeD in NYC

mikeD in NYC

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 10:32 AM

the sportsman channel should be added... please!... this channel rocks if you like fishing and hunting shows.

#29 OFFLINE   AnimeFan

AnimeFan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 13 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 03:37 PM

I've already talked about this in [thread=43538]another thread[/thread], and I am currently composing a letter to DirecTV which will be mailed out in a few days certified mail. (That way, somebody will read it.) But, here are the latest additions in comparision with Comcast Sacramento's lineup:

• LOGO - Comcast stated it has reached an agreement
  • Fox Reality Channel - Not carried
  • Lifetime Real Women - Not carried
  • TV One - Not carried
  • Nicktoons - Comcast 126
How about the channel that I want to see added:Anything above channel 100 is carried on the Digital tier.

Look, I'm not switching back to Comcast just to get those channels. But, I would like to see then added. The International Channel/AZN TV is the only channel I've missed since switching over to DBS. Anyways, the address for DirecTV is:

DIRECTV Customer Service
P.O. Box 29079
Glendale, CA 91209-9079

Yeah I've been waiting for The Anime Network
AZN TV channel looks good. Along with Showtime Beyond
Please add The Anime Network DirecTV

#30 OFFLINE   jdspencer

jdspencer

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 6,564 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 05:03 PM

Then there is Current TV, DirecTV ch 366.

Whoopee!
DirecTV since '96, Waivers for ABC, CBS, NBC, & Fox, HR23-700 & HR24-500/AM21, using ethernet based MRV.

#31 OFFLINE   foxfan

foxfan

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 February 2006 - 11:56 AM

Why doesn't DirecTV carry the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). It is the only Canadian network that doesn't rely on U.S. shows (apart from the francophone ones) and it is already carried on U.S. cable in border areas.

#32 OFFLINE   loudo

loudo

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 4,459 posts
  • LocationCentral Maine

Posted 05 February 2006 - 08:48 PM

Why doesn't DirecTV carry the CBC (Canadian Broadcasting Corporation). It is the only Canadian network that doesn't rely on U.S. shows (apart from the francophone ones) and it is already carried on U.S. cable in border areas.

I am with you on that one. If you go to Canada, they have a lot of our networks on their satellites and cable system.

I used to have a C-Band dish and really enjoyed the CBC and CTV network programing. CBC scrambled and we lost that signal, after a while. I even got to like and watched every chance I got, curling.

There are some cable systems, in South Florida, that somehow get Canadian networks on their system. Sure wish D* could do so.

#33 OFFLINE   KyL416

KyL416

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,863 posts
  • LocationTobyhanna, PA

Posted 06 February 2006 - 08:54 AM

That in no way in any shape or form counts as "adding" the Anime Network. We wanted the 24/7 Linear format channel in a package like Total Choice Plus, not a hacked up version of their SVOD service offered as a PPV Channel.

#34 OFFLINE   benjaminmarle

benjaminmarle

Legend

• Registered
  • 214 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 01:49 PM

That in no way in any shape or form counts as "adding" the Anime Network. We wanted the 24/7 Linear format channel in a package like Total Choice Plus, not a hacked up version of their SVOD service offered as a PPV Channel.

Agreed. Anime 24/7 please!

#35 OFFLINE   CygnusTM

CygnusTM

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 02:35 PM

The actual problem is the other way around. CBC sells some of its content (e.g. DaVinci's Inquest) to US outlets. They pay for exclusivity in the US. CBC on satellite here would violate that.

#36 OFFLINE   cobra2225

cobra2225

Legend

• Registered
  • 126 posts

Posted 06 February 2006 - 11:14 PM

I am still waiting on AmericanLife TV (formerly GoodLife TV). That and a few others are really all that's left for me. I wouldn't mind checking out that International Music Feed that Dish Network has, but nothing else too crucial unless that Wrestling Channel from the UK comes over to the US.

i agree with you on american life, i had it with cable it's great, almost worth
going back to cable for, since everything else seems to be about the same channel
wises,i already have cable internet so with the combined pagage it only $2.00
more a month. but comcast is taking over, so i'm waiting to see what happens
to price's with the takeover.

come on dtv pickup american life, stop letting cable get ahead of the game here.

#37 OFFLINE   matty8199

matty8199

Icon

• Registered
  • 718 posts

Posted 07 February 2006 - 08:20 AM

but comcast is taking over, so i'm waiting to see what happens to price's with the takeover.

Yeah, good luck with that...

I just switched from Comcast to D* because of price (and because I wanted the sports pack, but that's a different story). My digital cable bill with HBO, DVR and internet was $150/month. With D* I can get HBO, DVR and the sports pack for around $80, not to mention for the first 3 months I get TC Premier (which I might just end up keeping) for only $60/mo (after tax).

If Comcast is the only cable provider in your area you can kiss your low prices goodbye - they're absolutely ridiculous if they control the area.

spam firewall