Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Uplink Activity for the Week of 7-6-5 .......

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
17 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:51 AM

752 TRACE, Trace TV REMOVED FROM Tp 23 on EchoStar 9 at 121w

826 ACDEM, La Academia REMOVED FROM Tp 16 on EchoStar 8 at 110w

Great Falls, Montana. Not available.
8850 KFBB ADDED TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w

8851 KRTV ADDED TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w

8852 KTFG ADDED TO Tp 18 on EchoStar 2 at 148w
Apparently no PBS in Great Falls.
8856 PBS ADDED TO Tp 8 on EchoStar 7 at 119w

Added to the Juneau, Alaska Possibles.
9381 KTBY ADDED TO Tp 8sAK on EchoStar 8 at 110w

Testy thingy. Not available.
9596 WTEST ADDED TO Tp 23 on EchoStar 1 at 148w

Looks like Casper, Wyoming Big 4 this week.

Looks like Bismarck, North Dakota NBC and PBS this week.

WYDN Daystar now available in the Boston, Massachusetts Market.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 12:22 PM

Well that was a quick turn-around for TRACE! There is one station missing from the Great Falls line-up. No there isn't a PBS affiliate in the market, but there is a Fox affiliate KLMN channel 26. It is (at least the last time I checked) a Fox/UPN affiliate. I wonder if this was the station that stalled Great falls this long?

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

#3 OFFLINE   chelsea

chelsea

Legend

• Registered
  • 197 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:07 PM

Equity owns three stations in Montana. KMMF Missoula Fox 17 , along with
KBTZ 24 Butte and KLMN 26 Great Falls, which I believe are both still Silent.

#4 OFFLINE   chaddux

chaddux

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 989 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:11 PM

Well that was a quick turn-around for TRACE! There is one station missing from the Great Falls line-up. No there isn't a PBS affiliate in the market, but there is a Fox affiliate KLMN channel 26. It is (at least the last time I checked) a Fox/UPN affiliate. I wonder if this was the station that stalled Great falls this long?

See ya
Tony

The FOX affiliate is uplinked but DISH has it on the wrong channel. KTFG (former NBC affiliate) became the FOX affiliate on July 1 so it should be on 8853. The new NBC station which should be on 8852 is KBGF which started broadcasting on July 1.

Source: Great Falls Tribune
Chad

"The problem with the gene pool is that there aren't enough lifeguards." - Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

#5 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:32 PM

finally Bismarck, ND.. - some people will be happy ;)

Tony.. Trace, according to John, was removed only from 121.. - it is still at 61.5/148 i guess...

#6 OFFLINE   ebaltz

ebaltz

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,432 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 03:55 PM

Any new Fox Reality Channel news lately?
Dish HD w/ 1 Hopper and 3 Joey, PS3, Sony HN1000 Receiver and Sony Bravia HX800 3D TV

#7 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 04:31 PM

if there were any - i am sure you d hear about it.. in this thread, or etc....

#8 OFFLINE   moedog

moedog

Legend

• Registered
  • 140 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 05:28 PM

THe Great Falls MT market should be interesting. Yes, KTGF/16 has just switched to FOX/UPN, leaving KLMN/26 with who-knows-what. The NBC affil in Helena KTVH/12 took the NBC affiliation from KTGF with a new low power TV on 50 in Great Falls. 50 simucasts KTVH. BUt KTVH already operated two full-powered repeaters in the Great Falls market---KBBJ/9 in Havre and KBAO/13 in Lewistown. And KRTV/3/CBS and KFBB/5/ABC already simucasted its respective programming on LPTVs in Helena. It would seem to me that Helena's days as a stand alone market (#207, I think) are numbered. I would expect it will soon be the Great Falls-Helena DMA, since there is in effect one set of net affils serving both areas. In any event, since KTVH already operates two full powered TVs in the Great Falls market, they are eligible for must carry. Even though KBBJ and KBAO probably don't reach Dish's POP in Great Falls, LPTV 50 does, so problem solved. But there is one more odd thing here. Helena has a second full powered TV on channel 10. It had been PAX, but has just switched to WB. How could this be, when supposedly WB will not affiliate with station in sub 100 markets (Great Falls is currently #187, I think). Do we see FOX in this station's future, perhaps simucasting KTGF? BTW, Great Falls is one gigantic market geographically--at least 350 miles wide and 150 miles deep---if Helena is added, it will be even bigger. Obviously fertile ground for DISH locals. I would bet residents in places like Glasgow MT (about 300 miles from Great Falls) will practically kidnap Dish installers to get their 148 dishs!

#9 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 08:38 PM

Any subscribers in Bismarck, N.D. area - let us know about this channel please.. - as it's reported to be black screen currently:

KQSD TV11 (PBS-SDTV) Lowry, SD KQSD - ch 7971, tp 22, 148 sat

#10 OFFLINE   bruzer1

bruzer1

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 09:25 PM

"Looks like Bismarck, North Dakota NBC and PBS this week."

Is it going to be just NBC and PBS? Any word about the others? They must be the ones that were holding up the locals coming.

In Bismarck we currenty have KBME 3 for PBS, not sure what the Lowry channel is all about, but I will let you know if there is any thing with it.

#11 OFFLINE   CraptorMan

CraptorMan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:46 PM

I live in Glasgow, MT and I think E* will get alot of people from D* in this area. If and only if people know that E* will carry the Great Falls market. I currently get the east coast CBSHD on 61.5, anyone know if I sign up for the Great Falls locals, will I loose my CBSHD. If so, I'm not getting them. I know the Great Falls market is on 148 and I would have to move my dish.

#12 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 10:54 PM

Would not you be able to get a Free Dish and Install even (for 148 that is) .. if your locals are going there...

Or how does it go? .. anyone? .. - i forgot...

#13 OFFLINE   bruzer1

bruzer1

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:03 PM

Do you think that I'll get a discount on the locals because they are only offering 2 of the 5 channels in Bismarck?

#14 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:16 PM

Any subscribers in Bismarck, N.D. area - let us know about this channel please.. - as it's reported to be black screen currently:

KQSD TV11 (PBS-SDTV) Lowry, SD KQSD - ch 7971, tp 22, 148 sat

Never mind.. It's not even available yet.. (according to JohnH above ..and to Tony's Chart)

#15 OFFLINE   CraptorMan

CraptorMan

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:27 PM

Would not you be able to get a Free Dish and Install even (for 148 that is) .. if your locals are going there...

Or how does it go? .. anyone? .. - i forgot...

I was wondering the same thing about the free dish, switch and install. I believe my contract on all my equipment and dishes is done this month. I really don't want to do another contract. The only reason I have the dish pointed at 61.5 is for the Voom channels and CBSHD. Anyone know if I would lose my CBSHD if I signed up for my locals?

#16 OFFLINE   James Long

James Long

Ready for Uplink!

• Super Moderators
  • 38,691 posts

Posted 06 July 2005 - 11:39 PM

They have offered SuperDishes to people who make a year comitment to locals.
Yet they charge $99 for people who want Voom. Anything is possible.

JL

#17 OFFLINE   bruzer1

bruzer1

• Registered
  • 7 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 08:40 AM

I just called to order the locals for Bismarck, and being we are only being offered 2 of the 5 locals they are going to be free, plus the install of the 2nd dish for free.

#18 OFFLINE   TNGTony

TNGTony

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 5,345 posts

Posted 07 July 2005 - 09:06 AM

Wow! That is one heck of a deal! I was wondering if they were going to charge the standard $99 bucks for install and $4.99 a month for the two channels. Couldn't ask for a better deal than free!

I'm sure Dish wants to get many dishes out there to receive only the NBC/PBS affiliates basically to pressure the others into relenting on their demands for retransmission consent (whatever they may be). I guess after 7 months waiting on a deal for the CBS, ABC and Fox stations they just gave up. Charlie was about to pass the market over completely, but for some reason did this instead.

See ya
Tony
For the life of me I will never understand why people will pay hundreds and thousands of dollars on a TV that provides the clearest, sharpest, most realistic picture possible and then, voluntarily, distort the image!

"Dish Channel Chart"
"Local Channels available and coming to Dish"
"TV Market Maps"

spam firewall