Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

NFL Channel

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Roger

Roger

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 518 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 03:45 AM

Do they show any or many pre-season games? Do they have anything that can compare to "Primetime" on Sunday nights?
I visited the E* site and see that they don't have this channel from what I could see. Why not?

And Making the Cut (Dolphin Cheerleaders) or whatever it was called has to be some of the best programming that I've seen in a long time. :D
It was sure hard to pick out a favorite on that show.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Dan9

Dan9

Godfather

• Registered
  • 320 posts

Posted 10 July 2005 - 10:52 AM

The NFL network shows all of the preseason games, but most of them are just taped games, only a few of them are live.

#3 OFFLINE   bguppies

bguppies

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 29 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 02:17 AM

The NFL Network shows EVERY pre-season game, EXCEPT those shown on the big 4 networks. ESPN, CBS, FOX and ABC.

They provide every other game by showing the home feed in one half of the game and the away feed for the other half. (so if you watch the Packers and Bills, the first half would be with the Packers announcers, the second half would be with the Bills announcing team)

They have a show called No Huddle on the busy pre-season nights, which jumps in and shows highlights from every game as they happen.

The NFL Network has 6 games they are broadcasting live this year.
Aug. 13-Oakland at San Fran
Aug. 20-Clev. at Detroit
Aug. 21-St.louis at San Diego
Aug. 26-Tenn. at San Fran.
Sept. 1-San Fran. at San Diego
Sept. 2-Denver at Arizona
The Big 4 networks have 11 games live this year.

I actually like the tape delayed broadcasts of the pre-season games.
Lets you TIVO them and watch whatever parts of the games you want to see (veterans for their 1 or 2 drives, rookies trying to make the team, high draft picks, etc.) then delete and move on to another.

I wish with Sundat Ticket they would show replays of the Sunday games all week so I could go back and watch the 3 or 4 games I wind up not watching each week.
Re-runs of NFL games are better than most weekday programming.

Bill

#4 OFFLINE   kcho6

kcho6

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 15 posts

Posted 11 July 2005 - 10:28 AM

Your wish has been granted.....that is if you purchase the directv Superfan package. The follwing is from the D* website.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Short Cuts are commercial-free game replays showing every play in 30 minutes or less on channels 701 - 704.

NFL SUNDAY TICKET™ Short Cuts will be available after the conclusion of all NFL Sunday games starting at approximately midnight ET Sunday.

http://www.directvsp...icket/SuperFan/

spam firewall