Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Question for those of you with LCD projectors -

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   scooper

scooper

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 5,771 posts
  • LocationYoungsville NC

Posted 11 July 2005 - 07:25 PM

I have a friend who has a largescreen LCD projector tyhat has a spider living in the TV. How do you get it out ?

TIA
You CAN put antennas on your owned and/or controlled property...

http://www.fcc.gov/mb/facts/otard.html

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   ntexasdude

ntexasdude

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:29 AM

Q. How do you catch a unique spider?

A. Unique up on him.

:lol:
My time walkin' the blue globe is sparse. Hopefully, see ya'll on the flipside.

#3 OFFLINE   cadet502

cadet502

FHNSAB

• DBSTalk Club
  • 846 posts

Posted 12 July 2005 - 10:36 AM

I have the extended service that includes bulbs, cleaning, and adjusting.

I would consider that "cleaning"

#4 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:38 PM

You send in a bird.

#5 OFFLINE   lazaruspup

lazaruspup

Godfather

• Registered
  • 318 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 02:53 PM

I have a friend who has a largescreen LCD projector tyhat has a spider living in the TV. How do you get it out ?

TIA

Are you speaking of a front or rear-projection unit...? If it is rear projection I would suggest calling a certified tech out and getting them to open the tv up and remove your little friend. This is actually quite a normal occurence to get "individuals" moving into your rear projection unit. If it is a front projection unit, check for warranty labels(the little pieces of tape that cover screw holes etc. to show you voided your warranty). IF there is none and you can find online advice for the particular model, open it up and blow it out good with a can of compressed air or a bicycle pump nozzle. If this isn't possible, the unit will have to be sent in for repair. I own a Sanyo PLV-Z2 and Sanyo actually recommends opening up your unit every 90-180 days and dusting the debris out, so if your manufacturer is cool with it, go for it.
"The grass is always greener on the lawn that is watered twice daily..."

Protected By... spam firewall...And...