Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

rca drd430-485 RG recievers

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 25 January 2002 - 06:18 PM

i have a new drd 485 rg ,the navigation on the guide system is terrible .it is slow as hell.true it has the advance program guide,wich gives you program info 7 days in advance but i hardly ever use it. the channel banner is also missing information that appears on my drd480 RE box such as the(year) the program was released. I couldnt recomend any one upgrade to this box.stay with the RE series. Thomson tech support is a total joke. Software upgrade could fix most of these problems but Directv is too lame to preform them,not since Wink ,wich is another lame service.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2002 - 12:03 AM

I have a new RCA DirecTV receiver with Wink service. I like Wink. And so far, I have no problem with it. I went from an old Sony -- size and shape of VCR -- and the RCA is slicker, more attractive, hell even the colors are more lucid. I wouldn't call the design "lame".

spam firewall