Jump to content


Welcome to DBSTalk


Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends
 
Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Retailer Chat


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Haywood

Haywood

    Cool Member

  • Registered
  • 14 posts
Joined: Jun 26, 2002

Posted 06 July 2002 - 10:54 AM

Friday, July 12th at Noon Eastern.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

    Hall Of Fame

  • Registered
  • 7,657 posts
Joined: Apr 14, 2002

Posted 06 July 2002 - 12:04 PM

When is the consumder Charlie Chat ?

#3 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

    Godfather

  • Registered
  • 360 posts
Joined: Jun 01, 2002

Posted 06 July 2002 - 12:51 PM

Consumer Charlie Chat is Monday.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#4 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

    Hall Of Fame

  • Banned User
  • 11,499 posts
Joined: Mar 21, 2002

Posted 06 July 2002 - 01:18 PM

at 9PM EST. And dont forget DBSTalk with have the Charlie Chat Chat on Monday afternoon and evening, at http://chat.dbstalk.com. We will be using a new chat s/w so WebTV users can join us as well.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#5 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

    Hall Of Fame

  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts
Joined: Apr 16, 2002

Posted 06 July 2002 - 01:51 PM

Monday - July 8th i guess - to be precise...

and Haywood - thanks a lot for that little info on next Retailers chat...
That is what i wanted all along some thread with next chats info updated from time to time..

Moderator, Administrator - still think special thread - Stick up maybe - called something like "Dates for the next upcoming
Chat(s)" would be nice..

So anyhow here what we know now i guess:

Next Charlie's Chat - July 8, Monday, 9 PM EST
Next Retailers Chat - July 12, Friday, Noon EST
Next Tech Chat - Coming sometime in early Fall....???

#6 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

    Creator of DBSTalk

  • Administrators
  • 17,185 posts
Joined: Jun 22, 2001

Posted 06 July 2002 - 01:56 PM

We usually do sticky threads about a week before each chat. I will, however, post something on the home page about future dates for chats.

#7 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

    Banned User

  • Banned User
  • 6,968 posts
Joined: Mar 21, 2002

Posted 06 July 2002 - 02:39 PM

The retialer chats are not available for home users, the only ones who can see the retailer chats are delaers or friends of dealers. :D

(I have a dealer friend who occationally remembers to tape the retailer chat for me)

However, with that being said...We do have a wide membership of Dish Network retailers here at DBStalk.COM. I consider these retailers unique, because DBS is not all about making a buck (although its a big part of it) they want to learn the most about the industry like the rest of us. I consider many of the dealers here on DBStalk.COM some of the best local Dish Network dealers in the United States, and we are happy to have them here! :D

#8 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

    Hall Of Fame

  • Registered
  • 7,657 posts
Joined: Apr 14, 2002

Posted 07 July 2002 - 12:47 PM

I am one retailer that got started as doing this as a hobby and still do this as a hobby and I try to give my customers good service as well and enjoy learning more about this wonderful hobby, its not just about watching tv, but the technology behind it as well.

How many people usually join the live chat you have such as the one you are gonna have on the 8th during the afternoon and evening on chat.dbstalk.com ? I wish there was a way I could have one to help people out with their problems and for discussion live on a regular basis during certain hours each day. Thats why it is important to get as many members as possible bc there has to be so many in order to get enough interest in live chat, am I right?

#9 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

    Hall Of Fame

  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts
Joined: Apr 16, 2002

Posted 08 July 2002 - 11:17 AM

Originally posted by Scott Greczkowski
The retialer chats are not available for home users, the only ones who can see the retailer chats are delaers or friends of dealers. :D

(I have a dealer friend who occationally remembers to tape the retailer chat for me)

However, with that being said...We do have a wide membership of Dish Network retailers here at DBStalk.COM. I consider these retailers unique, because DBS is not all about making a buck (although its a big part of it) they want to learn the most about the industry like the rest of us. I consider many of the dealers here on DBStalk.COM some of the best local Dish Network dealers in the United States, and we are happy to have them here! :D


well put Scott :)

#10 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

    Hall Of Fame

  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts
Joined: Apr 16, 2002

Posted 08 July 2002 - 11:19 AM

Originally posted by Chris Blount
We usually do sticky threads about a week before each chat. I will, however, post something on the home page about future dates for chats.


cool...
Can you please provide the exact link to the Home Page or it's sublink (another words the exact link to where you ll be posting that "something" about future chats...
So we can find it...

Thanks again,
Great

#11 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

    Creator of DBSTalk

  • Administrators
  • 17,185 posts
Joined: Jun 22, 2001

Posted 08 July 2002 - 11:31 AM

Originally posted by Jacob S
I wish there was a way I could have one to help people out with their problems and for discussion live on a regular basis during certain hours each day. Thats why it is important to get as many members as possible bc there has to be so many in order to get enough interest in live chat, am I right?

It was decided a while ago that the chat room should only be open during special events:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=&threadid=3321

But, with that said, the chat room is actually open all the time. We just don't advertise the link except before and during the events. You are welcome to use the chat room whenever you please. If you would like to host a live chat from time to time to help people out, just let the admins know first and then advertise. That's all there is to it!

#12 OFFLINE   jeffwtux

jeffwtux

    Icon

  • Registered
  • 720 posts
Joined: Apr 27, 2002

Posted 08 July 2002 - 11:42 AM

Originally posted by Jacob S
I am one retailer that got started as doing this as a hobby and still do this as a hobby and I try to give my customers good service as well and enjoy learning more about this wonderful hobby, its not just about watching tv, but the technology behind it as well.

How many people usually join the live chat you have such as the one you are gonna have on the 8th during the afternoon and evening on chat.dbstalk.com ? I wish there was a way I could have one to help people out with their problems and for discussion live on a regular basis during certain hours each day. Thats why it is important to get as many members as possible bc there has to be so many in order to get enough interest in live chat, am I right?


I'm a retailer because I'm highly interested in politics. The cable and satellite industries espcially cable is highly political, as well as broadband and telecom. I always tell people that broadband internet access isn't a technical problem, it's a political problem. As for cable and satellite, I got pissed off big time when Time Warner Cable blackmailed my Detroit suburb and 3 others over a mistake that they made. The fact that they were able to pass on the costs of their mistake and politicians who preach accountability and responsibility as the core principles that they live by is completely hypocritical.

#13 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

    Creator of DBSTalk

  • Administrators
  • 17,185 posts
Joined: Jun 22, 2001

Posted 08 July 2002 - 09:05 PM

Originally posted by Darkman

Moderator, Administrator - still think special thread - Stick up maybe - called something like "Dates for the next upcoming
Chat(s)" would be nice..


Hey Darkman,

I've created a simple web page with the dates for upcoming chats. Just use the links on the home page. http://www.dbstalk.com

#14 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

    Hall Of Fame

  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts
Joined: Apr 16, 2002

Posted 08 July 2002 - 09:28 PM

so it the exact sublink then is:

http://www.dbstalk.com/dish_chats.htm

Thanx a lot - it looks cool - nice simple format! (black and white, with nice Red :)

i talked so much about those chats..but wasn't home (was getting some lumber with my friend) - had to record it..
watched somewhat already..and will watch the rest lately :)

#15 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

    Hall Of Fame

  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts
Joined: Apr 16, 2002

Posted 08 July 2002 - 09:30 PM

and missed Our Live Charlie's chat Chat again on irc :(

#16 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

    Hall Of Fame

  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts
Joined: Apr 16, 2002

Posted 12 July 2002 - 11:47 PM

Anyone:

Now that Retailer's chat gone by, can someone please let us know if there were any non-confidencial information passed out during retailer Chat?
Such as - any new stations/locals are coming any time soon?
or some other simular information?
any new Technical information?

now that this Retailer Chat is over - When is the next Retailer Chat?

and for the dealers who missed this Retailer Chat, when are the rerun dates of IT?

#17 OFFLINE   MarkA

MarkA

    God Bless America!

  • Gold Members
  • 2,538 posts
Joined: Mar 23, 2002

Posted 12 July 2002 - 11:56 PM

To Jacob, of course the problem with the chat room on here is it's impossibly slow to use on a modem (I tried it once). They used to use a far better chat (that could also be used by people with older computers and us modem users, as well as WebTV) using IRC, but they dropped it without explaination. They used it once, and that was fun. Of course, I think it's a conspiracy designed to keep me (a modem user, on a very slow connection, who is almost always downloading stuff in the background further reducing my bandwidth to well under a kilobyte a sec available at times).

#18 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

    Banned User

  • Banned User
  • 6,968 posts
Joined: Mar 21, 2002

Posted 13 July 2002 - 06:55 AM

Yup mark thats it. :rolleyes:

Our new chat is very fast over a modem, infact we had a few WebTV people in the last chat.

#19 OFFLINE   Haywood

Haywood

    Cool Member

  • Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 14 posts
Joined: Jun 26, 2002

Posted 13 July 2002 - 02:49 PM

Next Retailer Chat, August 1st, Noon Eastern.

#20 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

    Hall Of Fame

  • Registered
  • 7,657 posts
Joined: Apr 14, 2002

Posted 13 July 2002 - 03:33 PM

I have a modem myself and it seemed to have a delay in messages as in it would send three or four messages at once but you had to wait for them.

Isnt there a chat application that uses something like yahoo chat that is instantaneous? Why not have a voice chat with the text chat? Why not just open up a yahoo chat room just for that and have it unlisted in the chat area so we can chat in there with voice and all?




Protected By... spam firewall...And...