Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DVR-942 Bug Tracking Thread L227 and beyond

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
230 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

Your Neighborhood Liasion

• Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:53 PM

I'm starting a new bug tracking thread here with the download of the L227 software. Over the next few days, I'll be transferring over the still outstanding bugs that haven't been fixed yet from the other thread. If you see something wrong with L227, please post it here.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com
Your DBSTalk.Com Community Liaison to Dish Network

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 04:54 PM

Reserving for my future use.
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#3 OFFLINE   wshaff

wshaff

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:27 PM

Mark,
I got home today and my HDMI feed was not working (still not working) checked all cables
did soft reboot did hard reboot checked switch still not working added componet cables and those are working I have tried all but checking my cable to see if it's good. will probably
do that as well in the next couple of day's I know that others have had problems with HDMI but till now I have not do you think is a problem with L227 ( yes I checked if I had L227) thanks

#4 OFFLINE   cebbigh

cebbigh

Icon

• Registered
  • 517 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 07:50 PM

wshaff,
For what it's worth, I'm hooked up via hdmi/dvi and confirmed that the 227 is downloaded and have no trbl. I'm connected to a RS Panasonic 53" HD. Maybe there is a bug specific to some monitors/projectors. Curious what equipment you are connected to and if others are having a similar problem?
Chuck
TV: Mitsubishi 57" 1080p DLP (WD-Y577)
DTV: HR20-100 & HR21-700
BLU-RAY (Panasonic BD-35)
Netflix/Roku player

#5 OFFLINE   Shani

Shani

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 17 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:09 PM

wshaff,
For what it's worth, I'm hooked up via hdmi/dvi and confirmed that the 227 is downloaded and have no trbl. I'm connected to a RS Panasonic 53" HD. Maybe there is a bug specific to some monitors/projectors. Curious what equipment you are connected to and if others are having a similar problem?

I have the same problem as wshaff - no picture on HDMI/DVI. I do have 227, have soft and hard booted. I'm connecting to a Fijitsu Plasma P42HHA30WS.

Had a good picture this morning (still on 226 then). Tonight after work and 227 download have no pic on HDMI.
- Shani -
ViP722

#6 OFFLINE   DWS44

DWS44

Legend

• Registered
  • 107 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 08:26 PM

No problems here running HDMI/DVI with 227 on my Hitachi 50V500.
Hitachi Ultravision 50V500 LCD RPTV | Westinghouse W32701 LCD | Dishes for 61.5 & 110/119
Dish Network 942/811/311 Receivers | Silver Sensor ZHD-TV1 Indoor Antenna (Charlotte, NC Locals)
Sirius Starbase SC-FM1 Satellite Radio Tuner via PAC Audio AAI-NIS Adapter to 350Z/Bose Headunit

#7 OFFLINE   zeekle

zeekle

Mentor

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 13 July 2005 - 09:56 PM

HDMI/dvi connection is not working with 227 on a JVC HD-52Z575. Seems to work with a soft or hard reboot of 942.

#8 OFFLINE   parlyle

parlyle

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 03:13 AM

Just checked and I have 227. Went to the check switch and all went well. Went to check satellite strength and a "Scanning for Available Satellites" screen came up. Anybody seen this yet? My HDMI/HDMI through the Gefen switcher works well also. I get to use my TV (Mits WD-52725) speakers if I want, or I can use my surround.
Lyle

#9 OFFLINE   edgarj

edgarj

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 05:09 AM

Posted this on Satelliteguys earlier, sory for the paste, but I'm more of an AVSforum user, and this forum was recommended after the fact....
"As of tonight, my system has rebooted 4 times, downloaded the guide info 3 times, and keeps hanging randomly on live feeds (HDNM). Hung once on DVR too. I ran through the check swithch 3 times before it was a go on both tuners, but now its running OK (uptime 30 mins). I've not had any probs with the 942 since L226, but now its back to the buggy Beta-tester mode. Still I dont have any guide info on PBS-HD OTA ("digital service"), which chaps me daily as the local line-up is totally different than the HD, so I have to check the website and do manual timers for shows, so I usually just use my HTPC for PBS-HD. That's off topic I guess, but I wasted another hour of my leisure time tonight nursing this box to maturity, and I'm just sick of calling E* about these issues with zero satisfaction. Ahh... I miss the old days of SD-DVR bliss with my old D* UltimateTv box, which functioned for 4 years without a SINGLE issue, never powered off, and got its guide without any indication (not to mention no F&^%ing popup telling me to get a land-line to avoid BS charges every day). I finally found my HD-DVR dream machine, and turns out she has too much bagage. Forgot to mension that the box is doing scaling on HD sources as if it was SD (i.e. it will clip 16:9 HD material with gray bars, stretch the 4:3 portion to 16:9, etc). I guess this is good when watching 4:3 stuff from HBO-HD, so a new feature I guess. Now I just want my PBS-HD guide info and for the lame phone line message to go away.".

J.edgar
PDX, Oregon
Edit/Delete Message

#10 OFFLINE   wshaff

wshaff

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 12 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 06:20 AM

OK, went back to other posts tried this one and it worked (HD setup changed aspect then changed back works now) THANKS

#11 OFFLINE   M492A

M492A

Cool Member/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:45 AM

Everythings looks good here, HDMI and all.
Mike

SuperDish (110/119/121) + Dish500 (61.5) --> DPP44 --> 622, 211

#12 OFFLINE   w8zdjf2

w8zdjf2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:47 AM

For those using the HDMI output to DVI input on their TV, can you see your TNT logo? My HD 16:9 screen is cropped, with only a fraction of the TNT logo. When I turn to HD channels it says "Partial Zoom" and the regular channels it says normal. This is the exact opposite as when it was working correctly.

My setup is correct. I tried several things from Dish tech support and they told me(Evening July 13th) they knew of this issue (just happening) and it would be fixed in the next release.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to "Roll back" to a previous software release?

#13 OFFLINE   w8zdjf2

w8zdjf2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 07:48 AM

My previous question is to those who are using an HDTV not HD ready.

#14 OFFLINE   cebbigh

cebbigh

Icon

• Registered
  • 517 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:09 AM

For those using the HDMI output to DVI input on their TV, can you see your TNT logo? My HD 16:9 screen is cropped, with only a fraction of the TNT logo. When I turn to HD channels it says "Partial Zoom" and the regular channels it says normal. This is the exact opposite as when it was working correctly.

My setup is correct. I tried several things from Dish tech support and they told me(Evening July 13th) they knew of this issue (just happening) and it would be fixed in the next release.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Does anyone know how to "Roll back" to a previous software release?

In HD set to "partial zoom" what happens if you press "*"? Can't you cycle back to "normal"?
Chuck
TV: Mitsubishi 57" 1080p DLP (WD-Y577)
DTV: HR20-100 & HR21-700
BLU-RAY (Panasonic BD-35)
Netflix/Roku player

#15 OFFLINE   jestes

jestes

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:33 AM

I have L277 and watched a previously recorded 2 hr ota hd program. During the program the picture and sound froze for a second or two and then resumed. This happend 5 times during the playback of the 2hr program. I had noticed this once before on L266, but this was very evident this time. This is a great receiver and I have had no other problems ( including viewing with HDMI ) other than the reported bugs.

#16 OFFLINE   jetskier

jetskier

Cool Member

• Registered
  • 21 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:42 AM

I don't think this is a bug, but merely a new feature modification request. The new HD mode toggles works (stretch, normal, zoom, etc), but it would be better if it would stretch 4:3 content and go back to normal on the 16:9 HD programming automatically when it detects it.

Also, have they experimented with a parabolic stretch like the Mitsubishi sets have where the center of the image is barely stretched and as you approach the sides of the set it stretches more aggressively? I'm sure that would require more programming and horsepower on the processor side than a constant stretch, but it would be better than the regular stretch mode.

Oh yeah, the IR on TV2 is not working either. :rolleyes: :eek2:

Other than that I haven't had an issues to speak of.
DVR 942 in Single Mode (until IR on TV2)
Component Video out/Digital Audio out

IR on TV2 or bust.....

DVR 510 & DVR 508

Dish 500

Mitsubishi 55511
ELAN System 6 (audio/IR switching) and Z880 (video switching)

OFA 8810w remotes w/ JP1 stuff

#17 OFFLINE   w8zdjf2

w8zdjf2

• Registered
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 08:53 AM

Thanks cebbigh,

That worked. Wish the dish tech support guy knew this, would have saved me 2 hrs. (Guess he gave up when he told me Late July 13 that they were working on a software upgrade to fix)

Thanks again.

#18 OFFLINE   Rob Glasser

Rob Glasser

Hall Of Fame

• Super Moderators
  • 3,052 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:01 AM

I still have small strips of black between the gray bars and the picture when in "Gray Bars" mode. Both on SD and HD material.
Rob

DISH Hopper, Hopper w/Sling, & Joey User

#19 OFFLINE   Mark Lamutt

Mark Lamutt

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 12,527 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:17 AM

That's odd, Rob, because I don't on mine. What channels do you see it on?
Mark Lamutt
markdl@dbstalk.com

#20 OFFLINE   Bichon

Bichon

Godfather

• Registered
  • 399 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 10:27 AM

I suppose this may be more of a feature request than a bug, but I'm still not seeing what I expect on TV2 when viewing HD content on a standard 4:3 TV.

My desire would be to see the HD picture letterboxed on the 4:3 screen, with no squeezing or stretching, and nothing cut off. In other words, the same thing I'd see when playing back a widescreen DVD or video tape. With L227, the best format appears to be stretch mode, doesn't look bad, but it crops off the sides of the 16:9 picture.

spam firewall