Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

So close to getting D*!!!!!!!!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 03:30 PM

OK already got dish, got 2 receivers, I now need 1/or 2 more (1 for now). I ordered 2 GAEBO's by Hughes. How are they? Any good? Worth it? Well I have just agreed to have it installed and activated within 30 days and to sign up for a year. So therefore I have to get it nothing can stop me now otherwise I have to tpay liek 300 dollars. So here I go. Now how good is D*?
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 Guest_JeffP_*

Guest_JeffP_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2002 - 04:17 PM

Dish is a lot better, D* is inferior to Dish in my opinion. You should have gone ahead and bought 2 more Dish recievers. Sure they are more expensive, but you get what you pay for.

#3 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 05:02 PM

Well Dish does not have my locals and if you had my cable company and someone came along with somethign with just locals and 3 basic channels with better PQ youd jump on it.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#4 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 07:28 PM

Dish superior? I used to think so, I prefer them programming wise but equipment wise I am not so sure about that. Thats why if the merger goes through that there will be other people manufaturing the equipment.

#5 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 07:54 PM

Originally posted by JeffP
Dish is a lot better, D* is inferior to Dish in my opinion.

Why do you say that? I can't tell the difference. IMHO DirecTV is better because of NFL Sunday Ticket and MusicChoice. Dish is better for HDTV. The rest is just the same.

#6 OFFLINE   gowilk

gowilk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 47 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 07:30 PM

Dish used to better on picture quality and customer service but D* had better pricing on equipment and more options (i.e sunday ticket) but E* has thrown away their advantage in both areas in the last year ... customer service has gone down faster than NASDAQ and picture quality has sucked since they added all the locals in bandwith they didn't have back in January. The equipment pricing advantage has gotten obscene and if you read this all, by now you must have figured that i'm in the process of switching from e* myself.

thanks

#7 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 09 July 2002 - 07:37 PM

I think we call all agree both DBS providers are not as good as they used to b in terms of PQ.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#8 OFFLINE   Brian Rector

Brian Rector

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 10 July 2002 - 07:40 PM

Just as long as you do not live in a Pegasus territory and get DirecTV by DirecTV, you will be fine.

Personally, it doesnt matter which system you have, Echostar or DirecTV. They're both great systems.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...