Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'Two-Way-Viewing-Angle' LCD TV from Sharp

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Laverne

Laverne

• Registered
  • 2,498 posts

Posted 14 July 2005 - 02:48 PM

Sharp Corp. has developed a liquid-crystal display that shows totally different images to people viewing the screen from the left and the right.

One catch is that the images overlap if viewers stand right in front of the screen. Moving a few inches to the left or right may be necessary for a clear view.

Another drawback is that users will have to work out a way to listen to the sounds coming from the different channels. One solution is for one viewer to use earphones.

FULL ARTICLE

DH just sent me this link. Said -- "You and your friends might find this interesting."

Sounds like those little pictures that appear to "move" when you rock them back and forth in your hand because if the clear vertical plastic ridges. Sounds like the same concept, but completely different.

Thanks, honey! :grin: Um.... when can we get one?? :lol:
Laverne

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   KingLoop

KingLoop

Custom User Title

• Gold Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 15 July 2005 - 08:34 AM

Very interesting.

I was watching something on Discovery Theater that looked like 3D. Something about outerspace, I forget. I think that HD in general looks like real life. This 2 shows at differant angles looks pretty neat. I wouldn't find a practical use for it myself though.
KL

spam firewall