Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Hughes E11- What is it???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 06:30 PM

On E-Bay someone is selling a Hughes E-11. I cant find any info on this on Hughes' site or on any other. Please help me, they are telling me that it is new. I doubt this.
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Richssat

Richssat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 08:11 PM

Hughes E-11 is the previous generation entry level D* reciever. Basic features but pretty bullet proof. I have 1 of em. Sold new for about $100. They stopped selling them about a year ago but new in the box ones can be found.

Rich
Repeat after me: Merger bad, merger bad, merger bad.... Wow, I think it actually worked. (This space for rent)

#3 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 08:27 PM

I've got one, a "Gold" unit. Not too bad. The guide covers the picture so you can't use it to browse channels. No Picture/No Sound on Guide sucks.

#4 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 08:44 PM

OK so between a E11 and a GAEBO go with GAEBO right?
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#5 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• 5,205 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 08:46 PM

Oh yea! I wouldn't think twice about it. Not that the E-11 is a bad receiver, its just older.

#6 OFFLINE   Richssat

Richssat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 02:17 PM

Yeah, I would go with the GAEBO. The only difference between the E-11 and the E-22 (gold series)is the 22 has 2 sets of RCA outs and a vcr controller. As for the guide covering the channel you are watching, yeah that is kind of a bummer. But if you push either the up or down arrow you can scroll thru the guide one line at a time on the bottom of the screen, plus I think the turbo tune menu is really useful.

BTW James, that is one seriously cool avitar. = )

Rich
Repeat after me: Merger bad, merger bad, merger bad.... Wow, I think it actually worked. (This space for rent)

#7 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• 5,205 posts

Posted 07 July 2002 - 02:29 PM

Turbo Tune rocks! I can't tell you how useful that is. I wish every tuner had it.

#8 Guest_bengalfreak_*

Guest_bengalfreak_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2002 - 02:54 PM

You guys seem to know alot about Hughes receivers. I have a question. I have a new GCEB0 receiver. Is there any way to get this thing to stay on the channel I am currently watching while I surf the guide. Having the channel change everytime I switch the guide cursor is very annoying. The Hughes web site says the receiver is supposed to be able to do this, but the owner's manual is really bare bones and leaves alot of options out completely. I tried their 800# customer support, but there is never an option to speak to someone live. any help would be greatly appreciated.

#9 OFFLINE   Richssat

Richssat

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 08 July 2002 - 06:52 PM

It should stay on the same channel if you keep the cursor (the yellow highlighted thing) over the channel number (furthest to the left). If you highlight the programming then it will change each time you surf the guide.

That should do it.

Rich

#10 OFFLINE   HarryD

HarryD

Icon

• Registered
  • 597 posts
  • LocationLehigh Valley, PA

Posted 08 July 2002 - 07:42 PM

That's my pet pieve too Bengal. Other than that, it's a very cool recv...
HarryD

Protected By... spam firewall...And...