Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Terk RCA Remote UHF Extender

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
3 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 11:00 PM

I had a dilema that I wanted to hook up one of my RCA UTV receivers to work on two different tv's in two different rooms. I bought a set of cones thinking that would solve the problem, but every time my central air or furnace would kick on, they would go berzerk and the cones would change the channel and even erase tell the UTV to erase programs. Needless to say, that just wouldn't do. I came across this searching Yahoo:

TERK LF-RCA RF Remote Control Range Extender for use with RCA DSS

http://s1.amazon.com...7190627-9944737

It is an adapter that fits over the end of the RCA remote that is a sender unit and a receiver that sits near the reciever. It works great. Just thought I'd share. I bought mine off Amazon.com and entered LF-RCA in the search and three sellers came up. I bought mine for $31.99. Much better than the cones.
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 11:37 PM

Sounds like you have one bad-ass HVAC unit. :eek2:

#3 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 11:43 PM

Not really. It just must put the the same frequency as the cones. Where in the he** did you find that avatar?
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#4 OFFLINE   James_F

James_F

Damn you woman!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmatio
  • 5,205 posts

Posted 06 July 2002 - 11:44 PM

Look at my Avatar, then Butters. How priceless is that look of his?

Protected By... spam firewall...And...