Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Transform DishNetwork to FTA.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Miguel Piff

Miguel Piff

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:26 AM

ta

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:37 AM

would not this be.. more or less along the lines of hacking technics or simular?

if so, this forum is a NO HACK Talk forum.. and these sorts of discussion are not allowed here...

I suggest you go and search for these types of answer(s) elsewhere...

Otherwise.. Welcome to DBSTalk .. and if follow it's rules - Enjoy your stay ;)

#3 OFFLINE   Pepper

Pepper

Legend

• Registered
  • 215 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 10:44 AM

I would not be opposed to learning this type of stuff, however I can see that any method of legally doing what he's talking about could be easily modified for illegal purposes.

I personally have an old DVR 522 unit that Dish would never activate due to outstanding balances, I would LOVE to convert it to FTA so I could record that (legal free to air) stuff.

Even if there is a legit purpose to this thread it belongs in the FTA area not Dish Network.
http://www.pepper.net/(my personal noncommercial site)
ViP622-DVR L445RBDD-N, DishHDGold+Mobile/Pcola_Locals+SkyAngel4Life
MRX1000 and Primestar oval dish on SG2100 for FTA

#4 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 11:03 AM

Ti (Ta) .. hehe :)

(the first post)

#5 OFFLINE   Stalky14

Stalky14

Legend

• Registered
  • 137 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:07 PM

But it would be neat if we lived in a world where you could just buy a standard DVB-FTA settop box with a card slot and subscribe to the service you want and they send you their card. This locked-into-one-hardware-vendor thing is BS, to say nothing of having to get a different box for every service you subscribe to.

It's not like this in Europe, is it not? (But then it seems they get a whole bunch of channels FTA , the equivalents of which are locked down tight here.)

Isn't this what CableCard is supposed to fix on the Cable side of things? Does anyone think it will be successful?

#6 OFFLINE   Neil Derryberry

Neil Derryberry

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 2,014 posts

Posted 18 July 2005 - 12:20 PM

We're not even going to get close to hack talk here... so, thread closed. I invite you to visit the fta forum here if you want to discuss fta.
Neil Derryberry, WD4NET
neil dot derryberry at gmail dot com

Protected By... spam firewall...And...