Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Diff btween two 32" Sharp Aquos LCDs

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Gilly

Gilly

Mentor

• Registered
  • 38 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 12:29 PM

Can anyone tell me the difference between these two LCD TVs:

Sharp Aquos 32" LCD (model LC-G5C32U) at Costco for $1500
http://www.sharpusa....58,1530,00.html

and

Sharp Aquos 32" LCD (model LC-32GA5U) at BestBuy and most other places for around $2200 or higher.
http://www.sharpusa....58,1416,00.html

The price is considerably different but the specs on Sharp's website are the same. I just wonder if the TV at CostCo is an older model?

Thanks for any feedback!

#2 OFFLINE   Allen Noland

Allen Noland

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 07:55 AM

I think the G5c32U is an older part number. Only way I know to check for sure is to find the Manufacture date on the back of the unit. You could also check the Manual for a printing date.

For identical specs thought the $1500for the LC-G5C32U looks like a bargain.
Allen

#3 OFFLINE   ibglowin

ibglowin

Godfather/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 1,424 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 11:44 AM

Remember Costco has a lifetime return policy. Just keep your original packaging and your receipt. If for some reason your are ever unhappy with your purchase (even if it breaks) You can return it for a full refund.
Mike

"I always wanted to be a scientist, and now I are one."

spam firewall