Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

'Hardcore' Grandma Proves Old Age Doesn't Mean Game Over

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,938 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 20 July 2005 - 04:21 PM

From mtv.com - News:

'Hardcore' Grandma Proves Old Age Doesn't Mean Game Over

She curses at the TV when "Prince of Persia" gets tough. She's broken her video game controllers. And she's conquered "Resident Evil 4" enough times to earn a rocket launcher with unlimited ammo. Barbara St. Hilaire is a typical hardcore gamer, but with one key difference: she's a grandmother.

When people talk about the PlayStation generation, they're not referring to people who collect Social Security. But a couple of older gamers, Barbara St. Hilaire, 69, and Doris Self, 79, are making their mark in the gaming world and aren't letting old age stand in their way.

"I don't see what the big fuss is," St. Hilaire said from her home in Cleveland. "This is just me."

FULL ARTICLE HERE

"In an effort to increase your cable and satellite bills beyond the point of affordability and to further pad the pockets of our executives..."
Check out my list of links.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Bogy

Bogy

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 13,229 posts

Posted 21 July 2005 - 10:55 AM

Research cited by the Entertainment Software Association, the gaming industry's main trade organization, claims that 19 percent of computer and console gamers are over the age of 50...

Shoot, I fall into that category.

This reminds me of a sweet little old lady that was a member of a church my dad served in California. Grandma Kool was beloved by everyone in the church and was as gentle as a newborn kitten. My dad went to call on her one afternoon and as he came up the front steps heard the TV tuned to the Roller Derby game and Grandma Kool yelling at the players to kill the other team. :lol:

Protected By... spam firewall...And...