Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Toshiba SD-9000 and blank media compatabilty

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   MrFooks

MrFooks

AllStar

• Registered
  • 55 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 07:34 PM

Can anyone tell me if the Toshiba SD-9000 Cinema Series is compatible with any kind of blank DVD media.
I have the opportunity to buy one that looks in good shape but it won't play back Fuji DVD+R or Staples DVD-R
Thanks from anyone who can point me in the right direction.

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Richard King

Richard King

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 21,331 posts

Posted 25 July 2005 - 09:23 PM

I can't speak for that particular model, but I was having problems playing back DVD+/- r discs on my cheapie ($50) Cyberhome DVD player which was speced to play both varieties. I found the solution last week when I bought a Sony DVD player ($79), also rated to play both, that worked.
The Pump Don't Work 'cause the Vandals Took the Handles.

#3 OFFLINE   jpurkey

jpurkey

Godfather

• Registered
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:08 AM

Some DVD players and recorders are particular about media. And some media is just not reliable. I found Staples media to be terrible. Media is often discussed in the DVD recorder forum at www.avsforum.com.

Also www.videohelp.com has a section on media compatibility (http://www.videohelp.com/dvdmedia) which lists or lets you search for different media and what recorders/players people have had good/bad luck with.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...