Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Newbe

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
24 replies to this topic

#21 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:30 PM

I'm not talking about that. That's after-the-fact knowledge. At the time I posted my original statement, I was correct that it should not be in the DISH forum. Following the past actions on this site, any time someone wants DISH programming via an FTA receiver, whether they know what they are talking about or not, the thread has either been moved, closed or deleted entirely.

So you are saying that since I brought up what you call a fact that you are not talking about, it should be discounted from your argument? That sounds more like something the Pointy Haired Boss would say than something Dilbert would say. It is true that if someone wants to use an FTA receiver, the thead should be moved as you suggested. You are making the suggestion that Henry wanted to do that. Sometimes it just takes a time to figure out what a person's intentions are.

Henry, are you interested in subscribing to Dish Network, or just installing your existing receiver? An honest question, since you claim you don't know the difference between "DBS and FTA". If it turns out that you want to do something illegal, then chaddux is right and you are in the wrong place.

And for the love of monkeys, it's not Dish Club. It's ClubDISH!

You're right Darkman, he is kind of a wired person. !rolling

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#22 OFFLINE   chaddux

chaddux

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 989 posts

Posted 05 August 2005 - 11:51 PM

You're right Darkman, he is kind of a wired person. !rolling

Hmm. I don't know what a "wired" person is. Perhaps I'm wireless and powered by batteries. It always helps to spell the word correctly when trying to insult someone. :lol:
Chad

"The problem with the gene pool is that there aren't enough lifeguards." - Catbert, Evil Director of Human Resources

#23 OFFLINE   jsanders

jsanders

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,191 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 12:31 AM

Hmm. I don't know what a "wired" person is. Perhaps I'm wireless and powered by batteries. It always helps to spell the word correctly when trying to insult someone. :lol:

Oh, sorry. I will give you the definition from the dictionary then.

wired (adj): tense with excitement and enthusiasm as from a rush of adrenaline; "we were really pumped up for the race"

If you do run on batteries, then maybe you should read Strong Bad's English paper about eating batteries:

http://www.homestarr.../sbemail64.html

:nono2:

#24 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:14 AM

AHAHA.. all this while i was at work..

Chaddux - you gotto lighten up dude.... "Shindler's list" was just a joke....
and YES ... i know what it is all about (I am Jewish after all... even though not religious one.. and even though a Russian one...) ..and watched the movie also...

The Joke was - forum vs list (Henry) .. He said he subscribed to the list.. (forum i assume) ... then said was Big Mistake to subscribe to this list ( - hehe - your kind welcome and immidiate attack - made him feel kinda .. as joining a terrible list.. - so i type what comes to mind.. and "Shindler's list" somehow popped in to my weird brain.. :D
.. Plus i was in a hurry.. had to go to work .. etc etc..

All i know.. you gotto Lighten up somewhat... and stop critisizing everything and everyone so much...
And get to understand my "weird" sense of humor somewhat better..

as to tricks and flashing.. i saw it too before..
but his post was so F*ed up.. and confusing.. that i let it be for now.. (wanted to see what he will ask next).. meanwhile looking at him as innocent "newbe" and welcoming him to the Forum / List ....

Flashing.. - if he is a total confused newbie.. maybe he want to know what a heck it was..
tricks .. hehe - the haloween goers also use that expression a lot: "Trick or Treat" .. lol..

Bottom line - his post was very very unclear and confusing.. to make a conclusion one way or another...

anyhow... in a big rush now.. so maybe made many many spelling mistakes above...
Will not even bother double-checking it.... I am sure you will forgive me though.. ( we are old friends after all :) )

#25 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 06 August 2005 - 11:33 AM

and what's this "monkey-lovin' business" all about.... :D

now... now.. - let's not get perverted (just kiddin')

spam firewall