Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Monday Night Football in HD

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   C*Tedesco

C*Tedesco

Legend

• Registered
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:53 AM

Will this be broadcast in HD tonight?

Anyone?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   JohnH

JohnH

Hall Of Fame

• DBSTalk Club
  • 7,802 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:02 AM

It is listed as HD.

#3 OFFLINE   Mikey

Mikey

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,295 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:10 AM

Anyone?

ABC will, but Dish won't.

#4 OFFLINE   alebowgm

alebowgm

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:32 AM

But DirecTV will...

#5 OFFLINE   garypen

garypen

Hall Of Fame/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 3,410 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:54 AM

As will Comcast (in my area.)

Originally posted by WeeJavaDude
I have to agree with Gary.
Originally posted by Jacob S
I have to agree with Gary.
Originally posted by Randall DBS
Yep you know it. I have to agree with Gary.

#6 OFFLINE   derwin0

derwin0

Icon

• Registered
  • 538 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 11:59 AM

But DirecTV will...

only if you're in an O&O market, which most people arn't. Including me :(

#7 OFFLINE   Jerry G

Jerry G

Icon

• Registered
  • 812 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 12:18 PM

Anyone?

http://www.hdsportsguide.com/nfl.php

#8 OFFLINE   bsevic

bsevic

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 07:40 PM

Anyone?

Comcast in GR MI is. First HD Football Games since switching from DISH (didn't have the HD setup with DISH). Would have loved to stay with DISH but couldn't pass up the DISH Buy Back Program ($29.90 a month, two tuner HD DVR, HD Channels and HBOHD & HBO for 16 months). Plus I didn't have to spend any capital to migrate to HD.

#9 OFFLINE   JohnL

JohnL

Icon

• Registered
  • 701 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 08:17 PM

Comcast in GR MI is. First HD Football Games since switching from DISH (didn't have the HD setup with DISH). Would have loved to stay with DISH but couldn't pass up the DISH Buy Back Program ($29.90 a month, two tuner HD DVR, HD Channels and HBOHD & HBO for 16 months). Plus I didn't have to spend any capital to migrate to HD.

Bsevic,

Really I wish my cable company would provide me with an HD Television. Which Model did your cable company provide for you?

I'd want the SONY XBR 34 inch CRT, or Panasonic TH 42PX500U Plasma, although I would guess the Cable company wouldn't be able to swing $3,000 for each subscriber for the TV set alone.

Which TV did you get from the Cable Company?

John

#10 OFFLINE   DRJDAN

DRJDAN

Legend/Supporter

• Registered
  • 242 posts

Posted 08 August 2005 - 10:59 PM

The answer to the question at the beginning. Yes, Monday Night football was in HD on ABC. I received in OTA on my 942.

#11 OFFLINE   bsevic

bsevic

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 09 August 2005 - 07:43 PM

Bsevic,

Really I wish my cable company would provide me with an HD Television. Which Model did your cable company provide for you?

I'd want the SONY XBR 34 inch CRT, or Panasonic TH 42PX500U Plasma, although I would guess the Cable company wouldn't be able to swing $3,000 for each subscriber for the TV set alone.

Which TV did you get from the Cable Company?

John

Since I already had a working Toshiba HD 16:9 34 inch and know where to put the 62" DLP Sony that the cable company wanted to provide, I had them provide it to my neighbor that was always complaining about the PQ of the free 42" HD TV he received from DISH last year and was always complaining about the PQ.

...Come on...Where's this coming from...You know that that the CC aren't providing TV's with their solutions (at least Comcast & Charter are not in my area).

DISH is/was a great solution, and for three years I was very happy with the 301's and the service and PQ. But when I wanted to move to HD (with HD locals) and a DVR without any charges, DISH wouldn't even discuss anything that was close to what Comcast is providing for 16 months (from AT120 no HBO or DVR @$73.88 to $29.00 with HD, HBO a two tuner DVR). And that's fine, DISH understands their business model and knows what they can provide current customers and what the can provide new customers.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...