Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need remote code for Emerson TV

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 09:49 PM

I want to use my Dish blue button UHF remote to control power and volume on an Emerson model EWF 2004A television. I can't find a remote code that works. (I was able to control the old Magnavox set I replaced with this remote.)
Thanks to anyone who can help.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   Satpro92

Satpro92

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 11 August 2005 - 10:53 PM

Did you try a power scan? I am not familiar with this television, is it a combo(VHS,DVD or both)?

#3 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:53 AM

It's a 20" flat screen TV, no VCR or DVD. Not sure what you mean by power scan.

#4 OFFLINE   Satpro92

Satpro92

Legend

• Registered
  • 130 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 11:21 PM

Push and hold the TV button until it lights up,then push POWER, the TV button will remain lit. Then press the channel up or down buttons until the Television powers off,press #.

#5 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:23 AM

Thanks. Power scan found a code which allows me to turn the TV on and off and control volume with the Dish remote. Also changes channels, but I don't really need to do that. One problem: I have to remember not to touch the mute button. It mutes the sound alright but also locks the picture, brings up a display of numbers, possibly some kind of service code, and the TV can only be reset by shutting it off via the front panel switch. Just have to remember to turn down the sound rather than hitting mute when the phone rings.

#6 OFFLINE   Dave

Dave

Icon

• Registered
  • 864 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 12:47 AM

Did you try all of Dish codes for an Emerson TV? If not here is the only list I have seen from Dish.

526,527,528,533,534,535,536,537,538,539,540,541,573,622,691,692,695,696, 699,and 720

#7 OFFLINE   BillJ

BillJ

Icon

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 822 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:36 PM

Yes, I had the same list. One activated Sleep Mode with the power button but nothing else. Otherwise none of them did anything. Apparently Emerson has changed codes on recent models. Of course, this set is mfg. in China so who knows.

spam firewall