Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Did the Club Dish promo change?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Paradox-sj

Paradox-sj

AllStar/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 438 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:52 PM

I gave a Club Dish card to my brother and when he went to sign up they told him that in order to use the Club card and get the 'special priceing" that he must sign a TWO YEAR contract.

Is this a new promo they are doing?

My neighbor signed up with a Club card from me in March and didnt have to sign a TWO YEAR contract?

Whats the scoop?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   cdoyle

cdoyle

AllStar

• Registered
  • 94 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 03:59 PM

Ugh, I hope not. I have a hard enough time trying to get people to use them.

anyone know?

#3 OFFLINE   bookwalk

bookwalk

AllStar

• Registered
  • 86 posts

Posted 12 August 2005 - 04:39 PM

I just went to my Online Club Dish History and re-read this "Disclaimer" -- which I still have questions about--such as one place it says you can only give out 5 cards/calendar year and at the end, it says 14?

" ClubDISH “Membership Rewards” Terms and Conditions

In order to participate in the ClubDISH by DISH Network promotion, you must be a current DISH Network residential customer residing within the United States and remain in good standing. You are eligible to receive a $5 credit each month for 12 consecutive months for a total of $60 (up to 5 referrals per calendar year) on your DISH Network statement each time one residential friend residing within the United States installs and activates a DISH Network system under the ClubDISH Gift Card promotion with qualifying programming. Friend must be a new, first-time DISH Network residential customer and must order, install and activate programming. Friend needs to remain an active DISH Network customer for a minimum of 31 days following the activation of their system for you to be eligible to receive the $5 credit(s) and become a ClubDISH member. Please allow 8-10 weeks following the activation of your friend's system for your $5 credit to be reflected on your account. The $5 credit(s) will be posted to your DISH Network account and your ClubDISH Membership benefits will be provided to you each month for 12 consecutive months as long as your account remains active and in good standing. In the event the $5 credit(s) result in a positive credit balance, no DISH Network statement will be generated until there is a balance due. Customers will be eligible for ClubDISH Membership benefits for 12 consecutive months from the date of their most recent referral. Only one free DISHMover per household is allowed for the lifetime of the customer, only five (5) pay-per-view coupons as a one-time enrollment gift per household. ClubDISH GIFT Cards, $5 credit(s) and ClubDISH Membership benefits are non-refundable, not redeemable for cash and non-transferable. All ClubDISH Membership benefits may not be available if you are being billed for DISH Network services by a third party. All ClubDISH benefits may not be available if you are being billed for DISH Network service by a third party. We reserve the right to amend or modify the ClubDISH program at any time and in any way (including adjustment to the amount of credits earned for each referral) or discontinue the program without advanced notice. Other restrictions apply. See ClubDISH offers for more details. ®2005, EchoStar Satellite L.L.C. All rights reserved.

ClubDISH Gift Card Orders: DISH Network customers are limited to 14 ClubDISH Gift Cards per calendar year. "
Pat

:hi:

#4 OFFLINE   abner789

abner789

• Registered
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 06:25 AM

E* will SEND you 14 cards per year. You can only get credit on 5 of them.

#5 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,162 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 13 August 2005 - 08:50 AM

I gave a Club Dish card to my brother and when he went to sign up they told him that in order to use the Club card and get the 'special priceing" that he must sign a TWO YEAR contract.

Is this a new promo they are doing?

My neighbor signed up with a Club card from me in March and didnt have to sign a TWO YEAR contract?

Whats the scoop?

Did your brother want to get a 625? If so you do either have to sign up for two years or pay $19.99 if you just want to sign up for one year. Maybe that's where the two year agreement came into the conversation? Anyway from what I understand it is going to change on Aug. 16th, so stay tuned!

#6 OFFLINE   ColoradoDBS

ColoradoDBS

AllStar

• Registered
  • 84 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 04:07 PM

Did he call e* direct or did he go to a retailer. Retailers get less $ from e* for a club dish installation since e* figures they, not the retailer, did the advertising to attract the customer. Because of this retailers are notorius for adding extra terms/limits/fees to walkin club dish referrals.

At this point in time, the 2 year contract would give him 2 free years of dhpp and a free 625 upgrade (insteasd of $19.99) as the poster above mentioned. Also the terms are different if your brother has ever had dish before - reconnects have a mandatory contract.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...