Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Latest Dish Network deal?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
5 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   DPK99

DPK99

• Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 05:04 PM

I am thinking about getting the dish network and thier latest deal is $19.99 per month for America's Top 60 and with free HBO and Showtime and a free DVR. I might get America's Top 120 instead which is $30.99. The deal includes free installation for 4 rooms, local channels, and sirius radio.

Is there anything that I should know about before I commit to this deal? Such as how much do the taxes and fees usually come to?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   nsafreak

nsafreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 13 August 2005 - 10:29 PM

Well there are a few things:

1) There is a DVR fee that tacks on $4.98 a month
2) Both of the dual tuner receivers must be plugged into a working phone line at all times or you're charged $4.99 for each receiver that is not
3) There is a $5 a month additional charge for the 2nd dual tuner receiver

Taxes vary on a state by state basis on how much they are going to be. Some states tax just about everything they can while others do not. Off the top of my head I honestly don't remember if PA taxes programming & box rental or not but a CSR should be able to tell you. After the promo credits run out here's what you're looking at on a monthly basis for the AT60 package at current pricing:

AT60 with locals: $31.99
DVR Fee: $4.98
Additional box: $5
Total (before taxes): $41.97

#3 OFFLINE   jerryez

jerryez

Godfather

• Registered
  • 439 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 09:15 AM

State and local taxes here in Pensacola, Florida are $11.44 per month. Yippes! Here we get a county tax on all services. ie: gas, water, electricity, cable, and satellite.
jerry

#4 OFFLINE   tsmacro

tsmacro

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,151 posts
  • LocationEast Central Indiana

Posted 14 August 2005 - 03:57 PM

However if you do want to get Dish, i'd say now is the time to do it. I see that you live in Pittsburgh and that's one of the areas getting the $12.00 off for a full year. Most other areas only get the $12.00 off for three months and usually is standard for Dish promos, you get it for three months not a year and the current promo ends ummm.....well looks like tomorrow monday the 15th! As for things you should know, there's what in nsafreak's post, plus you should know that you need to have a credit card or a debit card w/ a Visa or Mastercard logo and pass a credit score check. Also if you get the 625 DVR (which is what pretty much comes standard for DVR installs currently) and you want to sign up for an one year agreement you'll be asked to pay a one-time $19.99 upgrade fee. If you sign up for two years however you'll get that $19.99 fee waived. If you go through a local installer you might ask if he's got any 522 DVR receivers as they can still be installed w/ a one year agreement w/out having to pay the $19.99. Anyway, hope this info helps.

#5 OFFLINE   DPK99

DPK99

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 04:34 PM

3) There is a $5 a month additional charge for the 2nd dual tuner receiver

What is that?

Thanks for the info everyone.

#6 OFFLINE   nsafreak

nsafreak

Legend

• Registered
  • 160 posts

Posted 14 August 2005 - 06:52 PM

The $5 a month charge is for having a 2nd box on your account. This is charged to every Dish Network customer whether they lease or own the boxes.

spam firewall