Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

The official August 12, 2002 Tech Chat discussion

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
71 replies to this topic

#61 OFFLINE   Marcus S

Marcus S

Icon

• Registered
  • 706 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 07:48 PM

Still to definitive reply on if the 6000 will ever get the OpenTV upgrade.
VIP922, 1000.4 Western Arc Dish, Ronard Ultra Duty 3 Foot Satellite Tripod, RG6 Quad Thomas & Betts fittings. Samsung 55" 7100 LED, Sony PS3, Sunfire TGA-5400 Amp, Sunfire TGP-5 Preamp, Magnepan MG 3.6 front, Boston Acoustic CR8's rear, Thiel SmartSub SS1. CyberPower CP1350 UPS. Cisco E4200 Network.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#62 OFFLINE   Mark Holtz

Mark Holtz

Day Sleeper

• DBSTalk Club
  • 9,859 posts
  • LocationSacramento, CA

Posted 12 August 2002 - 08:03 PM

Pretty good chat! Nice to see everyone in chat!
"In many ways, this opera does fulfil my often quoted description of what most operas is about. The tenor is trying to sleep with the soprano, and the baritone is trying to stop them." - Sean Bianco, KXPR At The Opera
Check out my list of links.

#63 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 08:07 PM

No the 6000 will NOT EVER get the OpenTV Upgrade. I got that answer from the top of the food chain at Echostar.

Thanks to Mark Jackson for mentioning DBSTalk on the air!

Great chat everyone!

#64 OFFLINE   Darkman

Darkman

Hall Of Fame

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 6,900 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 10:07 PM

I also indicated that 6000 will not EVER get openTV upgrade..
they said so on one of the chats...

By the way - did you all hear: - They mentioned DBSTalk on Tech chat tonite ( they mentioned us therefore :) )

I guess they do read our threads - lol

#65 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 10:58 PM

When is the repeat of this tech chat and where are all the details of this tech chat? Maybe Scott needs to have a video on here of it so that those that missed it can view it, or his own video of the tech chat recap, like he does his new show, or put that on the next news show that he has.

#66 OFFLINE   markh

markh

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 12 August 2002 - 11:06 PM

Any big news or interesting stuff? I missed it.

#67 OFFLINE   Chris Blount

Chris Blount

Creator of DBSTalk

• Administrators
  • 17,176 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 09:02 AM

The tech chat recap can be found here:

http://www.dbstalk.c...=&threadid=6766

#68 OFFLINE   Brian Rector

Brian Rector

Legend

• Registered
  • 217 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 10:51 AM

When I had Dish, I always found that I got more out of the tech Chats than the Charlie Chats. Maybe its because I loved to hear about the different features of the receivers, etc.

Im even planning to get back in the game and get Dish again. I will admit this: the only thing I really miss in my exit from Dish are the Tech Chats. The Charlie Chats are nothing new, since you do see most, if not all, of the info on here and in the DBSForums.

#69 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 11:03 AM

I also found the tech chats more informative, and I think its because they knew more of what they were talking about, and those only would come on every 3 months. Charlie Chats just are not what they used to be. I remember a good while back when the Charlie Chats had so much to look forward to. I guess people get spoiled after a while. I think the merger would create a new 'excitement' as there would be so many new things going on.

#70 OFFLINE   Geronimo

Geronimo

Native American Potentate

• Gold Members
  • 8,295 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 11:21 AM

I heard the statement that Open TV receivers not getting the channel ampping update are getting it but missed any specific reference to any non Open TV receivers. I am not holding my breath and the 6000 would have unique problems but I really dont recall the reference.
I never cared for all the signatures that insult posters with other points of view.

#71 OFFLINE   Karl Foster

Karl Foster

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,849 posts

Posted 13 August 2002 - 11:34 AM

Originally posted by Jacob S
I think the merger would create a new 'excitement' as there would be so many new things going on.

I think widespread 'panic' would be a more appropriate term :)
"If you took the time to get to know me, well, you'd be wasting your time. I am exactly who you think I am." - Earl Hickey

#72 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 14 August 2002 - 02:05 AM

Maybe thats the other term for excitement I been looking for.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...