Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

More Locals, More Happy DirecTV Subs

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 11 July 2002 - 10:05 PM

DirecTV said it will begin broadcasting local channels in Knoxville, Tenn., by September - expanding to 49 the number of markets DirecTV will serve with local channels. DirecTV offers local channels in 44 major metropolitan markets. New local channel markets scheduled for launch this summer include Oklahoma City, Buffalo, N.Y., Grand Rapids, Mich., and Norfolk, Va. DirecTV customers in Providence, R.I., began receiving local channels on July 10.

From SkyReport (Used with Permission)
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

...Ads Help To Support This Site...

#2 OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 04:48 PM

Please, Dear Lord, don't let them ever get as far down the list as Parkersburg, WV. I don't want to lose my NY & LA stations from the "big 4" networks.

#3 Guest_major nelson_*

Guest_major nelson_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2002 - 05:57 PM

why would you loose your locals. i recieve my local stations on directv and also LA & NY east /west distant stations also. i been getting my locals for over a year and still get my ny & ca distants just fine .

#4 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 07:58 PM

On D* you cna get both NY and LA??? I was told only one of them. Does it cost extra?
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#5 OFFLINE   kmccoach

kmccoach

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 13 July 2002 - 09:35 PM

I get Greensboro locals and LA and NY on DirecTV too. You had to meet a grandfather clause to keep them though.

Keith

#6 OFFLINE   AJ2086

AJ2086

Godfather

• Registered
  • 360 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 08:59 AM

Oh so new subs ahev to choose either LA or NY? Also do you have to pay for these?
AJ

XM Customer Since: 12/28/02
D* Customer Since: 2/6/03
Tivo User Since: 11/12/03

#7 OFFLINE   kmccoach

kmccoach

AllStar

• Registered
  • 60 posts

Posted 14 July 2002 - 09:20 PM

AJ: I was told that if you had the east/west feeds before 1998 you would be able to continue to keep them otherwise it is bye bye channels.. $5.99 for East and $5.99 for West is what I am paying. Hope that helps.

Keith

#8 OFFLINE   Jacob S

Jacob S

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,657 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 12:30 PM

Dont you get a discount for buying both east and west coast feeds? It will be a long time before Parkersburg is added because it is #186 of 210 and Charleston/Huntington is not even up yet and it is #61 of 210.

If you live in another DMA that is close to yours are you allowed to get that DMA if the one in your area is not offered? If the cable systems offer those in other DMA's then I dont see why the others could not offer them, especially if some DMA's dont have all the networks, one should be allowed to get the neighboring DMA.

#9 OFFLINE   Rusty

Rusty

Legend

• Registered
  • 112 posts

Posted 15 July 2002 - 02:18 PM

I pay $1.17 for each distant network. This includes both NY & LA. My total for those 8 stations of the "big four" networks comes to $4.68/month. I also have the national feed of PBS at an additional monthly cost of $1.08 (I can't recall the last time I ever watched this channel but, I keep it JIC.)

Protected By... spam firewall...And...