Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of DBSTalk by signing in or creating an account.
  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Switching back and forth with HBO and the sports pak?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
6 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 903 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:25 PM

I usually switch to the sports pak for the football season and back to HBO after the season ends, but wondered if DirecTV allowed switching to HBO during the week and then back to the sports pak for the weekends and so on.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   DCSholtis

DCSholtis

Up The Irons!

• Registered
  • 5,716 posts

Posted 29 August 2005 - 07:36 PM

Do it online. All that you will be charged is a pro-rated fee depending on how many days you had it.
Dan Sholtis
"The Raiders will be back. I have unshakable confidence, the will to win, and I just know that the fire that burns brightest in this building is the will to win. And we will win. We will win."---Al Davis. Rest In Peace, Al

#3 OFFLINE   missileman

missileman

Legend/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 410 posts

Posted 30 August 2005 - 06:49 AM

I usually switch to the sports pak for the football season and back to HBO after the season ends, but wondered if DirecTV allowed switching to HBO during the week and then back to the sports pak for the weekends and so on.

I've done it several times on the D* site. I could make 1 change per day only. Since both services were $12.00, there was never any change in the amount billed because of pro-rating.

#4 OFFLINE   IndyMichael

IndyMichael

Legend/Supporter

• Topic Starter
  • Gold Members
  • 903 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 September 2005 - 01:25 PM

So, doing this will now result in a $10 charge each time?

#5 OFFLINE   CCarncross

CCarncross

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 7,037 posts
  • LocationJackson

Posted 18 September 2005 - 04:25 PM

So, doing this will now result in a $10 charge each time?

According to many posts here and other sites, yes. It seems they are trying to keep all the unecessary programming changes by trying to keep changes down to a monthly basis...even when you do it on-line. Smart business move, but it will piss off all the clowns that make frequent programming changes to monthly packages like they were PPV events...

#6 OFFLINE   wittlesvaseel

wittlesvaseel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 06:39 PM

No, you wont be charged for making the change every month. You can call in each day to change programming if you want and you will only be charged for the service you had. The way it shows up on the CSR's screen is something like this:
(assuming you only have one premium channel at a time and your billing cycle begins on the 16th)
09/16/2005 HBO 12.00 Monthly charge
09/19/2005 HBO 9.50 Partial Month Credit
09/19/2005 Sports Pack 9.50 Partial Month Charge
09/26/2005 Sports Pack 7.84 Partial Month Credit
09/26/2005 HBO 7.84 Partial Month Charge

You're being charged when you make a service change for the remaining period of the billing cycle it is anticipated you will have the service. Likewise with the partial month credits you receive. In the end, it ends up even.

#7 OFFLINE   wittlesvaseel

wittlesvaseel

Mentor

• Registered
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 September 2005 - 07:23 PM

Ignore what I said, that's the old model.

spam firewall