Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

WEIRD???

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   CG789

CG789

• Registered
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 10:39 AM

I was browsing around through the channels and got up to the PPV and when i gotto vanilla sky i was able 2 watch it but at the bottom for a sec it said do you wish to puchace this? I said NO!! But it exited out to the movie?! Weird? Hopefully I dont get charged!!

#2 OFFLINE   Steve Mehs

Steve Mehs

Hall Of Fame

• Banned User
  • 11,499 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 10:47 AM

Thats normal, E* shows the first 7 minutes of every PPV movie for free.
Friends Don't Let Friends Subscribe To: Verizon Landline, Verizon DSL, Verizon Fios Phone, Verizon Fios Broadband, Verizon Fios TV, Verizon Wireless or Verizion Wireless Mobile Broadband
Keep America Beautiful, Ban Verizon From Your Home!
Down With Verizon!

#3 OFFLINE   Scott Greczkowski

Scott Greczkowski

Banned User

• Banned User
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 10:47 AM

Thats called the 5 minute free preview, you can watch the first 5 min of some of the PPV's movies.

No you won't get charged. :)

#4 OFFLINE   abospaum

abospaum

AllStar

• Registered
  • 98 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 11:15 AM

I had a big fight with Dish over this about three years ago. My wife was changing channels and pushed the wrong number and ended up on a PPV screen. She said that she hit cancel and never even watched the moving but it ended up on our bill.

Dish didn't want to give us a refund because they said that it was impossible for this to happen and that you have to accept a movie twice to order it. All I know is that it happened.

They claimed that they are not allowed to give refunds on PPV's no matter what ther circumstance is. Eventually after complaining with a letter to Charlie we did get the $4 off our bill the next month.

#5 OFFLINE   RJS1111111

RJS1111111

Icon/Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 592 posts

Posted 12 July 2002 - 06:20 PM

The best way to prevent this is to lock your system
with a passcode. It's a major pain, but effective.
I *know* the default is "Yes" when they ask you
whether you want to purchase the PPV. Just hitting
the OK button confirms the purchase. I have managed
never to puchase a PPV, though. Call me cheap. :rolleyes:

spam firewall