Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Need help with multiswitch and dave dish to use with international dish

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
11 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   gnadnes

gnadnes

• Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 05:50 PM

Hi everyone, I am currently subscribed to dave and has Standard oval dish with 2 lnb and 4 output. I only have 2 receivers at this time but using 3 outputs for my tivo. As you know that The filipino channel(international channel) is merging with dave, I used to subscribed separately with the filipino channel that has a separate dish which is I believe 38-39 inch dish. I did my research on how to connect the 2 dish but with no luck. now my questions are:

Can I use a multiswitch and which kind?
I believe Dave is using G3C 95 for the international channels, How can I aim and get signal and how to know if the dish is pointing at sat 95?

Please guide me to the right direction.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:39 PM

http://www.solidsign...=&PROD=SAM-6802 shows the multiswitch required and how it gets hooked up. The flexports can accomodate Sats at 95 and/or 75. You'll also a round dish for 95.

#3 OFFLINE   gnadnes

gnadnes

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 09:56 PM

Thanks greywolf for the reply. I already have a separate round dish which is 38" for the 95. When I look for signal, DO I bypass the multiswitch and connect it straight to the receiver and how would I know If I am getting the right stellite which is 95,will it show in my screen? Thanks again :D

#4 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 08 September 2005 - 11:40 PM

If you are just checking for pointing purposes you can hook it up direct to the receiver. Then you need to go into setup to change your dish type. The receiver needs to be a recent model that can access 95. I assume the old standard of putting in your zip code for dish aiming figures will still apply. You need that 6x8 to access Sats from your old dish as well as the new one. I would think D* (Dave is pretty much a hacker's term that went out with the HU cards) would supply the hardware you need if you commit to a new programming package. That has been their modus operandi for a while now.

#5 OFFLINE   gnadnes

gnadnes

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 September 2005 - 11:06 PM

I thought that they still use the word "dave". Anyways, Thank you for the enlightenment. D* was offering to come to my house and provide all the necessary equipment but I will be tied up with another contract which I am preventing. Again thanks for your response, I will update you with the results. by the way, All my receivers are up to date with the advance programming.

:hurah:

#6 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 10 September 2005 - 09:20 AM

Great! So far the info on 72.5 and 95 hookups is still new and formative. It doesn't help that the only multiswitch available to tie in the the dishes needed is passive, not powered. New dishes are supposed to be coming out to handle 99, 101, 103, 110, and 119 for when the Ka band mpeg4 for HD locals rollout occurs. I haven't heard anything about including 72.5 and 95 in a dish so those positions might only be used temporarily until the bandwidth bonus from new birds using Ka band and mpeg4 compression is available. D* is jumping through hoops to increase their bandwidth.

#7 OFFLINE   gnadnes

gnadnes

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2005 - 11:28 PM

Do you know how to confirm that I aimed it at the right sat?Will it show on my screen that it is on 95? Thanks :sure:

#8 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 08:36 AM

You can tell by tuning in to a channel carried by that Sat. If the program carried is correct for that channel, you have the right Sat. Channels 490-495 are text channels for the other satellites. Channel 496 may be a test channel for the 95 degree position but I was unable to confirm that. Try it an see if you geat a banner that will say 95.

#9 OFFLINE   Newshawk

Newshawk

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,427 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 09:03 AM

Let's see:
490 and 491 are the 101
492 and 493 are the 119
494 is the 110
495 and 496 are the 72.5, so the 95 would have to be Ch 497.

#10 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 12 September 2005 - 11:17 AM

I thought 72.5 and 95 only used one polarization each like 110.

#11 OFFLINE   gnadnes

gnadnes

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 07:31 PM

I finally hooked up my international channels but my problem is my RCA dvr40 tivo is not recognizing my 6x8 multiswitch and it won't show up the 95 sat. i tried reseting the sat info but still no luck. My other receivers DR435rh doesnot have any problem.

Thanks....
gandnes

#12 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 08:20 PM

Too old. Call D* and they should upgrade it for free with a 2 year programming commitment.

Protected By... spam firewall...And...