Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo
- - - - -

Nintendo's Revolution Revealed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
7 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   mwgiii

mwgiii

Gaming Guru and Supporter

• Gold Members
  • 799 posts

Posted 15 September 2005 - 09:24 PM

At the Tokyo Game Show

http://cube.ign.com/articles/651/651275p1.html

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:14 AM

Oh my God, they HAVE lost it. That is the worst concept for a controller ever. It looks like a TV remote control, an ergonomic nightmare for gamers used to using two hands.

Stick a fork in Nintendo, they are done.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

:ramblinon

XBox 360 Gamertag::grin:
Posted Image

#3 OFFLINE   buzzdalf

buzzdalf

Godfather

• Registered
  • 268 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:33 AM

I agree. That thing SUCKS.

#4 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:41 AM

Put a crank wheel on the side and it's good for a couple Foxworthy fans who want their fishing simulators to work better... that's it.

Look for them to do a 180 within 6 months of launch and go back to a normal two handed controller. Either that or watch third party manufacturers do it for them.
"The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation." Henry David Thoreau Walden (1854)

Posted Image

#5 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:25 PM

Wait, they had an ace up their sleeve. The wand/light saber hilt doohookey docks with a standard gamepad (Granted, one that looks as big as my beloved "Duke" original XBox controller...)

Attached Thumbnails

• nintendo_revolution_controller_shell.jpg

Posted Image

#6 OFFLINE   cdru

cdru

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 12:15 PM

Wait, they had an ace up their sleeve. The wand/light saber hilt doohookey docks with a standard gamepad (Granted, one that looks as big as my beloved "Duke" original XBox controller...)

Isn't that pretty much the overall shape/style of the GC controller?

And I for one prefer the original XBox controller over the smaller S-controller or PS2 controller. I got big, fat hands and fingers and enjoy the space. I only wish MS would have ditched the black and white buttons in favor of an extra pair or trigger buttons, but then it was probably too much like the PS2's controller.

#7 OFFLINE   BobMurdoch

BobMurdoch

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 4,009 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:00 PM

The only problem is that most Nintendo users have small hands (as most of their games are geared towards the 10 and under crowd).

It isn't as bad as it could be, (the wand could be useful in those Lucasarts light saber battles), but it still looks like a complicated misfire to me.....

My son has the GameCube and the controller is too small for my taste and feels like a cheap plastic toy. I have 4 Duke controllers for my XBox (I replace them when they break with used ones from EB Games), and I WILL miss them when they go away (although the extra trigger buttons replacing the white and black buttons will be welcome.... have to teach myself to play Halo(2) with a new layout though).

Posted Image

#8 OFFLINE   Ken Howe

Ken Howe

Legend

• Registered
  • 173 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 03:08 PM

ewww... nintendo remote is bad... i think they would do well to understand that the largest crowd of gamers are old enough to buy it for themselves... *shrug* Bye nintendo.
A woman at a state dinner walks up to Winston Churchill and states "Sir, you are drunk!" :goodjob: Not missing a beat, he retorts, "And you are Ugly, but in the morning, I will wake up sober!" !rolling

Protected By... spam firewall...And...