Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

DTV with 2 dishes . What multiswitch

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
10 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   turk

turk

• Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:12 PM

Have D10 IRD and two separate dishes for 101 1nd 119 birds. Both dishes have single LNB. Tried a 2 input 1 output multi and it doesn't work. Switch buzzes when connected to B LNB. Do I need something different? Read about 22KHZ blocking switch some where.

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 01:52 PM

Both dishes must have dual LNBs to work. You need a 4x multiswitch. Two lines from the 101 dish go to the two Sat A inputs on the multiswitch and two lines from the 119 dish go to the two Sat B inputs. Check the LNBs to see if they have 2 connectors. If so, they are duals.

#3 OFFLINE   tecarte

tecarte

• Registered
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 September 2005 - 08:43 PM

Life would be so much easier if you bought yourself a Triplesat dish. Eliminates the switch as long as your under for receivers.

#4 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 09:32 AM

Have D10 IRD and two separate dishes for 101 1nd 119 birds. Both dishes have single LNB. Tried a 2 input 1 output multi and it doesn't work. Switch buzzes when connected to B LNB. Do I need something different? Read about 22KHZ blocking switch some where.

If you have a 22khz switch w/2 in & 1 out, it should work just fine. (I'm using one myself to combine 101 & 72.5 - you do NOT need a 4x4 switch &/or dual LNB's to make your setup work for a single receiver ;) ) Are you sure you are not trying to use an E* SW21 switch - E* switches will not work w/D* service.

#5 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:47 AM

He definitely needs dual LNBs and a 4x multiswitch to get 101 and 119 on 2 dishes.

13V 0KHz for Sat A odd transponders
18V 0KHz for Sat A even transponders

that's two needed for 101 on dish A

13V 22KHz for Sat B odd transponders
18V 22KHz for Sat B even transponders

That's two more for dish B

Add edit
Wrong again. There's just more equipment out there than I can keep track of. The above is required for more than one receiver though.

#6 OFFLINE   KingLoop

KingLoop

Custom User Title

• Gold Members
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

Yes, a 4X4 is what you would need. However, a phase 3 dish would be better for less money..
KL

#7 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 03:22 PM

You know, in theory a 2x1 multiswitch that could steer a 22KHz tone to one specific input would work for a single receiver with two single LNB dishes for only Sats A and B. I don't believe such an animal exists though.

#8 OFFLINE   dnsc_installer

dnsc_installer

Legend

• Registered
  • 207 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 06:00 PM

Maybe he is in a location where 101 and 119 cannot be hit from one location and one phase 3

Yes, a 4X4 is what you would need. However, a phase 3 dish would be better for less money..

DNSC_Installer

We get it up, We get it in, We get it on.....

#9 OFFLINE   turk

turk

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 September 2005 - 10:06 PM

If you have a 22khz switch w/2 in & 1 out, it should work just fine. (I'm using one myself to combine 101 & 72.5 - you do NOT need a 4x4 switch &/or dual LNB's to make your setup work for a single receiver ;) ) Are you sure you are not trying to use an E* SW21 switch - E* switches will not work w/D* service.

What model switch are you using? The one I have seems to be a voltage controlled switch. It is a 722D

#10 OFFLINE   dishrich

dishrich

Hall Of Fame

• Registered
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 09:17 AM

What model switch are you using? The one I have seems to be a voltage controlled switch. It is a 722D

You need a 22khz switch, here are a couple that will work:

http://www.eagleaspe...ian/file_64.pdf

http://cgi.ebay.com/...1QQcmdZViewItem

(E-bay has plenty more listed; just posted this as an example...)

The one that I use is a Channel Master 4x2 switch that is no longer made. It came with the first oval D* dishes that only had the 101 & 119 separate LNB's. (When D* first came out with the ParaTodo's prog packages & there was no LIL) It would NOT work with the 110 LNB - it was nothing more than two separate 2x1 switches in the same housing. I am ONLY using 1 side of the switch (single line each from separate 101 & 72.5 dishes to 1 standard receiver for testing purposes) & it works just fine.

#11 OFFLINE   greywolf

greywolf

DBSTalk Club Member

• Registered
  • 527 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 11:58 AM

Son of a gun. There are tone directed 2x1s. Talk about a niche market.

spam firewall