Welcome to DBSTalk

Sign In 

Create Account
Welcome to DBSTalk. Our community covers all aspects of video delivery solutions including: Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS), Cable Television, and Internet Protocol Television (IPTV). We also have forums to discuss popular television programs, home theater equipment, and internet streaming service providers. Members of our community include experts who can help you solve technical problems, industry professionals, company representatives, and novices who are here to learn.

Like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community. Sign-up is a free and simple process that requires minimal information. Be a part of our community by signing in or creating an account. The Digital Bit Stream starts here!
  • Reply to existing topics or start a discussion of your own
  • Subscribe to topics and forums and get email updates
  • Send private personal messages (PM) to other forum members
  • Customize your profile page and make new friends

Guest Message by DevFuse

Photo

Network HD Waiver-New Orleans Area

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Registered
  • 448 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 05:20 PM

I finally convinced Directv that I will not be able to get OTA HD for a long time. I live in the New Orleans area and the towers are gone. Directv stated that they have applied with the local stations for the waivers.
What are the odds of this actually happening and how long will it take?

...Ads Help To Support This SIte...

#2 OFFLINE   SBacklin

SBacklin

Legend

• Registered
  • 237 posts

Posted 20 September 2005 - 06:13 PM

I know this isn't an answer to your question but, what are these waivers I have read about? I read something about the FCC mandating or something waivers be used. What is all this waiver thing about? LOL, sorry for my denseness. I am new to Satellite.

#3 OFFLINE   n8dagr8

n8dagr8

Resident Rounder

• Gold Members
  • 1,837 posts

Posted 21 September 2005 - 12:26 PM

Waivers basically allow you to get television service that you would otherwise not be able to receive. If you live in the middle of no where (too far from a tower to get a signal) you can get the local channels from NY or LA via satellite.

I wouldn't be surprised if you got the Networks in NO.
N8

"The heart has reasons that reason does not know. It is the heart that feels God and not reason." ~Pascal

"It is easy to take liberty for granted, when you have never had it taken from you." ~Dick Cheney

#4 OFFLINE   Tower Guy

Tower Guy

Godfather

• Registered
  • 450 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 07:47 PM

I finally convinced Directv that I will not be able to get OTA HD for a long time. I live in the New Orleans area and the towers are gone. Directv stated that they have applied with the local stations for the waivers.
What are the odds of this actually happening and how long will it take?

The New Orleans stations are working on a program feed to DirecTV without using their transmitters. You should get the locals without a waiver and without the towers.

#5 OFFLINE   reubenray

reubenray

Godfather

• Topic Starter
  • Registered
  • 448 posts

Posted 24 September 2005 - 08:08 PM

Only one station (WWL) has anything being broadcast in HD. Everything else gives me the "No Signal".

Protected By... spam firewall...And...